Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I just have to brag on my wife tonight. Ok, maybe brag and stand back in amazement. To my knowledge, she has never TIG welded before and she came out to the garage to see that I was doing the aluminum drill for some much needed practice. With this evil grin she said "move, let me try it". Well after a few practice runs on a small piece and showing her how to hold the torch and dip, she grabs the first piece pictured and proceeds to just blow my mind!! As I type this, she is still sitting there practicing!
I am beginning to wonder if she is secretly sneaking out the the garage when I am gone practicing.

I might have to re-think this thing of her being the CFO and make a weldor out of her instead.
-Jonathan
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (119.08 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (130.27 KiB) Viewed 1964 times

What a woman!!! Hold on tight
My wife and I are about to make the 33 year mark. Stick with it man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Awesome!!!
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'll be damned.

Just when you think you have them figured out....

Steve S

Forgive me for not being able to source this quote (and I may be paraphrasing, it's from memory), BUT...

"For a woman to keep a man, she should love him a little and understand him a lot. For a man to keep a woman, he should love her a lot, and not try to understand her at all..."

8-)

Steve S

.....then she casually mentions that tig welding is really not that hard. Man I got a keeper!!

Congrats Jody, we hit 8 years September 22.

So the question now is, what else about my wife don't I know? :o :lol:
-Jonathan

Otto Nobedder wrote:Forgive me for not being able to source this quote (and I may be paraphrasing, it's from memory), BUT...

"For a woman to keep a man, she should love him a little and understand him a lot. For a man to keep a woman, he should love her a lot, and not try to understand her at all..."

8-)

Steve S
My wife liked that one :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:...So the question now is, what else about my wife don't I know? :o :lol:
-Jonathan
Been married 23 years.

Are you sure you want to know the answer to that?

Besides, who would want the mystery to be solved...

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Superiorwelding wrote:...So the question now is, what else about my wife don't I know? :o :lol:
-Jonathan
Been married 23 years.

Are you sure you want to know the answer to that?

Besides, who would want the mystery to be solved...

Steve S
True, true.
-Jonathan

Now if I could just find a woman that liked welding and likes golf!!! And of course "smokin' hot" ....
Last edited by GlenC on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150

On our 30th anniversary we rode bikes on the beach from Daytona to ponce inlet. We climbed the lighthouse and snuck champagne to the top so we could have a toast. As I looked into her eyes and sipped champagne over the bay I couldn't help but ask myself... I wonder if that handrail was welded with stick or flux core? Lol

admin wrote:On our 30th anniversary we rode bikes on the beach from Daytona to ponce inlet. We climbed the lighthouse and snuck champagne to the top so we could have a toast. As I looked into her eyes and sipped champagne over the bay I couldn't help but ask myself... I wonder if that handrail was welded with stick or flux core? Lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: man I can't stop laughing. I am guilty of thoughts like that as well.
-Jonathan

admin wrote:On our 30th anniversary we rode bikes on the beach from Daytona to ponce inlet. We climbed the lighthouse and snuck champagne to the top so we could have a toast. As I looked into her eyes and sipped champagne over the bay I couldn't help but ask myself... I wonder if that handrail was welded with stick or flux core? Lol
ROTFL!!!

I could see myself thinking that, and my wife got a good laugh from it, as well!!!

"I don't care who you are, that's funny, right there..."

Steve S

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, when she dipped the tungsten and had to change it she handed me the torch and said "I don't change my own tungsten or gas bottles" :lol:
I love my wife!!
-Jonathan

I am a hopeless romantic. But after 32 years we even have inside jokes about inconel 718

admin wrote:I am a hopeless romantic. But after 32 years we even have inside jokes about inconel 718

Not sure I want to know about that :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Jonathan
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Bwhahahahahah!!!

Man that really made me laugh! :D :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Oh yeah, I almost forgot, when she dipped the tungsten and had to change it she handed me the torch and said "I don't change my own tungsten or gas bottles" :lol:
I love my wife!!
-Jonathan
I can see that happening!

This is definitely my favorite thread all day :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
TwentyFourSeven
    Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:41 pm

OMG. :lol:
Lincoln Precision Tig 225

It's a good thing all is good... otherwise, if she read this, you most likely would be sleeping on the couch or packing! the thought should have been "I wonder how bad my life would be without her!" :D
Glen

No worries. She's a good sport and she will read this tomorrow and laugh. But on a serious note... Life would suck without her. She is awesome. Btw All of that lighthouse story was true except for the zinger About the handrails. Peace out

Jody

Drifta-X
    Mon May 26, 2014 2:53 am

She cheated!!
I have a soldering iron!
TwentyFourSeven
    Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:41 pm

I see a "what my wife welded today" thread in the near future. Lol
Lincoln Precision Tig 225

TwentyFourSeven wrote:I see a "what my wife welded today" thread in the near future. Lol
:lol: :lol: I did discuss this possibility with another member already.....I guess we will see.
-Jonathan
johnnyg
    Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 am

Careful, Jon. Keep this up and you'll be staying home with the kids while the wife makes the bacon... Or is this all part of your plan... Did she make you do the dishes when you came inside???

It's a small world, my wife and I will be 8 years on Sept. 16th (today as it happens to be)