Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
racingparts
    Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:43 am

Hello again guys
i just purchased 2 weeks ago the foot pedal (7 pin connector) for my welder and i have a few questions.

i use pulse almost every time i weld ..so when i use pulse ..i don’t get any amperage control, it’s just like when i use the torch switch, ON-OFF effect. Is this normal? this is the way it works?

i only get amperage control when i don‘t use pulse, i set the amperage on the machine at let’s say 90 amps maximum ..and with the pedal i start and increase my amps or decrease if needed.

On the pedal i have an max current adj. nob ..from 1 to 10
i keep it at 8-9 when i use it.
Please if there are any tips in using the foot pedal ..enlighten me

kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

i use pulse almost every time i weld ..so when i use pulse ..i don’t get any amperage control, it’s just like when i use the torch switch, ON-OFF effect. Is this normal? this is the way it works?
Yes and yes.

Never seen a foot pedal with a adjustment knob on it so I can't help you with that. What I would do is get some scrap, put it at 10 and run a bead, then put it at 1 and run a bead and see what the differance is.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
WILD BILL
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Is that for an Everlast welder?

If so have you asked on the Everlast forum?

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/forums/
Everlast 225LX
amurrow

You should still have foot pedal amperage control regardless of pulse settings. Sounds like something the manufacturer should help you with.
-Allen Murrow

Equipment:
Hobart Handler 125
Miller Syncrowave 200
racingparts

are you sure about that?
a pulse setting needs you to set the values ...background current ..and pulse current ..
how could you still have amperage control ..and pulse?
sschefer
    Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

racingparts wrote:are you sure about that?
a pulse setting needs you to set the values ...background current ..and pulse current ..
how could you still have amperage control ..and pulse?
The background current and pulse current settings represent percentages of the Max current that your regulating with the foot pedal.
Highly skilled at turning expensive pieces of metal into useless but recyclable crap..
racingparts

it’s obvious that my pedal is crap
or my machine too
racingparts

i think my welder is following the forums
as soon as i wrote above ..it started working
now i have amperage control with pulse ...but when i push the pedal for more and more amperage ..the pulse suffers some changes..it-s not that obvious as at lower amps.
anyway i ordered a new quality component (potentiometer) for my pedal ..to change the chinese one i have inside
maybe it will work even better