Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Ok...I've come to the conclusion..While being a very adjustable torch, my flex-loc isn't goin to cut it in the "production" environment I work in..Some of the pipe I saw was 1" to 3"..Some schd 80..alot was schd 10 that they just fused together.(.For this type welds the 150 FL would be fine I'm sure,most torches in that class were hooked up to max-stars 150'.My 160 has the maxi's beat with it's HF capability.Not to mention it's foot petal & paddle switch on the torch.which I burnt up by BTW..Gota new CK replacement head due tomorrow)..SOOO...Not to get long winded as usual...Is a CK trim line 200 amp sufficient for extended duty..Or is it better to have BIG 26 also...(BIG pipe BIG torch..long runs & higher amperage settins)is my thinking..Heavy duty cable & a 200 & a 26 would probly "fill the bill"..RIGHT???...Ok guys...Lets here your opinions on this..AND as always..Thanks for the input..
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I believe that a 26 series torch is a 200 amp torch so I do not see why the CK 200 amp torch would not work. I am newer to tig welding and only have one torch and am use to only one torch so I have no idea but that is my thinking and opinion. Maybe this will help get this post moving. ;)
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Trim line 26 torches have the same ratings as big style 26 torches the size is just reduced making them more manageable. Example is TL26 (either ridge or flex) torch that's a Trim line 26 which is lot smaller than regular 26 is rated at 200 amps AC or DC @100% duty cycle. If using air cooled such as TL26 your hand gonna give out before the the trimline torches will with heat. If you are doing long runs even if torch is rated at that amp it still gets hot. The trimline torches don't run any hotter than there big brothers from what I have seen. If your doing production work might want to consider water cooled setups. just my 1 cent
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.