Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Joejoe8455
    Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:50 am

So I've been knowing about the tig finger for at least a year, but I've always used stick, and I've been tig welding for about a month now, and to much of a cheap ass to buy one. So today was my practice 6G and my root looked like bubble gum, I knew it was bad, my instructor walked up and goes " damn that looks like crap, I have something why don't you try it out." He pulls out a tig finger.... I go to light up on the right side of the root now and wow, It wasn't a "stack of dimes" but it was an awesome bead. The instructor comes back up and I say "I got bad news for ya, your not getting this back."....... Needles to say I will be buying two tig fingers this week lol
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

:lol: I don't blame you, I tore my tig finger up from using it too much and have not had the time and extra money to buy a new one but they are well worth the money. Mine has been through heck and back and with stood the torture. It eventually tore up when my wife got a hold of it. I told her a thousand times that she could get a job as a product tester because she could tear up a solid steel cube. Gotta love her though. :lol:
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

mcoe wrote::lol: I don't blame you, I tore my tig finger up from using it too much and have not had the time and extra money to buy a new one but they are well worth the money. Mine has been through heck and back and with stood the torture. It eventually tore up when my wife got a hold of it. I told her a thousand times that she could get a job as a product tester because she could tear up a solid steel cube. Gotta love her though. :lol:
I am going to tell her you said that :lol:
-Jonathan