Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Zach_T wrote:
AKweldshop wrote:
Zach_T wrote:Haha I look away for two seconds and I'm lost again..

Me too.

And I thought Jonathan was one of the nice ones... :?
haha I have no idea whos on my side and who isn't!! Just kiddin!

Don't worry, we're all harmless.
We a lot of times have some good natured ribbing.... ;)

Congrats on the tigging....
IMO,
Foot pedals are really good with sheet metal...
Yes, you can move faster, and everything, but amperage control is nice.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Zach,
Where did you have the flux capacitors set at? Don't over heat them or it will time warp you.
-Jonathan
If you ramp the pedal up to 88 amps, do you get back to 1985?

:lol:

;)

Steve S
Drifta-X
    Mon May 26, 2014 2:53 am

Nice weld young fella.
May I ask why u did a weave/cup walk, instead of coin stack?
Also what pos did u weld in and what's the leg length of your weld.
Keep at it!!
I have a soldering iron!
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

35 years ago I had my first encounter with MIG. It was a revelation! I remember the price of admission at the time as $3500.00 plus all the many added costs to make the machine work. There was no internet, most of you guys weren't born yet. $3500 + meant a few months pay in that era. Once a machine was bought, there was no one available to teach me to use it. I wanted, but didn't buy for many years. MIG was the holy grail!

A year and a half ago I bit the bullet and bought a TIG. I find excuses to TIG when MIG or even stick would make perfect sense. TIG, like women, is fascinating, frustrating, and sometimes satisfying.
Zach_T
    Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am

Bill Beauregard wrote:35 years ago I had my first encounter with MIG. It was a revelation! I remember the price of admission at the time as $3500.00 plus all the many added costs to make the machine work. There was no internet, most of you guys weren't born yet. $3500 + meant a few months pay in that era. Once a machine was bought, there was no one available to teach me to use it. I wanted, but didn't buy for many years. MIG was the holy grail!

A year and a half ago I bit the bullet and bought a TIG. I find excuses to TIG when MIG or even stick would make perfect sense. TIG, like women, is fascinating, frustrating, and sometimes satisfying.
Haha very well said!
If ya ain't burnin ya ain't earnin