Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Just started playing with my recently acquired 200DX .... :D

I don't know if I am missing something or a faulty unit. I cannot seem to get any Pulse on A/C. :evil:
I have tried many settings:
---PPS: from .1 - 60
---PEAK t: from 5 - 75
---BKGND A: from 5% - 50%
(YES, the pulser light is on)

The only change in arc character seems to come from A/C Frequency and A/C Balance... Pulse seems to work on D/C...

Glen
Last edited by GlenC on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
AKmud
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

You may not notice much of a change in arc character. You should be able to see/hear the pulsing when your pulse rate is low (<50 or so). I don't notice a significant change in the arc, but I can hear it and it generally requires a few more amps to get things done.

Correct, but I couldn't see or hear any on/off pulse in A/C mode, only D/C..
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
Dblcorona
    Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:30 pm

to illustrate the pulse settings in my class, I have the students set up at:
1 pps
95 peak
5 background

this will tell you if the pulse is working. No way to miss it.

Update, since the "deal"I got on this used Dynasty 200DX included a 90-day, full Miller Factory warranty, I dropped off the unit at the local Miller Authorized Service center... (the torch assembly went too! It's covered also and there is a kink and slight deformation in the power hose at the torch handle) ...

I should hear something Wednesday as to the action Miller will be taking. It has already been confirmed the unit is under warranty :D

Way better than having to pay for a repair... apparently Miller doesn't send out test/diagnostic boards. You buy a board (no returns) and only hope it is the faulty one, otherwise, on to the next!!!
Glen

Well my pulse problems were my fault! System tested okay. On another note, Miller is going to replace the torch power cable under warranty (air-cooled hose is kinked at both ends from use)...

As I can best figure, I was not inputting enough welding current to be able to see any pulse (novice on a coke can! ... :o ) I did manage to get some beads on the bottom of a coke can (really ugly) and I can tell I have issues with rod feeding skills! Doesn't really help to have only 1/3 of my left index finger and not as much coordination with the right hand... Well, guess I should keep a piece of rod handy while watching TV...
Glen