Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Whats the going price for one of these in the US. Saw a brand new one with all the leads in AUS for $6900. Im not in the market but just interested.

Mick
coldman
  • coldman

Hi Mick,
I bought one locally last year for $4000 + GST. At the time a rang around every Miller agent I could find and found a huge variation in prices. There are also two types of purchase - bare power source (what I bought) and also what is called the "contractor kit" with all the leads, torch, regulator and consumable starter. This contractor kit version is very expensive and is I believe what you have priced. I already had torch, leads, reg etc. You can get leads set up by your LWS for much less than the Miller kit - savings to be made.
My best price was from Aitken up here in Brisvegas. I recon you might get a better deal down there in Mexico.
Cheers.
sgtnoah
    Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 am

Paid $3200 for mine, bare machine, delivered.

-- Pete
Legion
    Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:35 pm

I happened to come across one on ebay late last year, secondhand but minimal use. It was in my neighbourhood so I couldn't resist. Full contractor package and some torch extras, $2800. Not new, but in Oz. I don't know how often they come up secondhand. It was a FIFO worker who didn't have three phase in his new house and didn't have time to use it.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Yup, bare machine is about ~$3200 here in the states.

http://www.weldersupply.com/P/374/Mille ... 00DXACDCTi