Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Looking at a used Eastwood TIG 200 AC/DC fully loaded on craiglist. To clarify: I've been searching up and down trying to find a decent deal on an old school welder. The seller seems to keep dropping the price, so was going to try and talk him down to $600 with bottle, helmet and filler rod included. From what I've heard, if these aren't DOA they work pretty damn good. Anything in particular I should look out for?
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Just try the machine out.
Run lots of beads try out all the settings make sure everything works.
Sounds like a good deal to me.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I sold mine for $400 or so. The power hose sucks. I highly recommend a superflex hose even for a hobbyist because the stock ones won't last for squat
NYWELDERJim
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am

My son bought one of those machines about 6 months ago. He got the complete welder on a cart with a full bottle of argon from a shop which was closing for $500. I had to repair the foot pedal, simple adjustment, and I ran a lot of beads on both steel and aluminum. I was impressed with the machine. He has used it quite a bit in his automotive repair business and it has been a good machine. For the $400 - $500 range, sounds like a resonable deal.

Jim