Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

The angles one can get with this torch is just fantastic. Just have to pay more attention to where the torch body is. $80 mistake :cry:

Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

At least that's a good angle for a (now) fixed-head torch... :roll:

Steve S

Well I broke out the channel locks and broke the nut free. It looks like the nut took most of the damage and torch body just took some superficial damage. I will order a new nut but I may be able to continue using the torch as is for now. Just hope someone learns from this little screw up
Nick
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

AFSATCOM,
Welcome to the bonehead club, I've done it twice so that makes me a full fledged member. I just melted the nut though and replaced it. I ordered a few extras so when I have to weld in sub 1" space again I can just go to my parts box and grab a new one. Oh, and clean the sticking melted plastic off my gloves and out of the joint. I think I only payed around $8 for the nuts.

All in all it's a great torch for places that get you close enough to melt itself and get the job done.

Come to think of it, when you read my signature, I wasn't talking about your Flex-Loc, Bonehead Jr.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Braehill wrote:AFSATCOM,
Welcome to the bonehead club, I've done it twice so that makes me a full fledged member. I just melted the nut though and replaced it. I ordered a few extras so when I have to weld in sub 1" space again I can just go to my parts box and grab a new one. Oh, and clean the sticking melted plastic off my gloves and out of the joint. I think I only payed around $8 for the nuts.

All in all it's a great torch for places that get you close enough to melt itself and get the job done.

Come to think of it, when you read my signature, I wasn't talking about your Flex-Loc, Bonehead Jr.

Len
Considering changing my sig to Bonehead Jr. I also saw this as a good opportunity to order the pyrex cup from my gas saver kit that i shattered in Afghanistan a while back
Nick
bj139
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:01 pm

I just started TIG welding. Seeing this brought to my mind a funny incident. I was practicing laying some beads, moving from right to left, advancing about 8". I was holding the torch like a pencil, near the bend. Things were going well until I stopped the arc, flipped up my hood and noticed my finger tip was on fire, with an actual flame burning. The gloves were a little large or I'm sure I would have noticed it sooner. I hold the torch back farther now. I ordered a TIG FINGER and just received it yesterday.
IMG_6358.JPG
IMG_6358.JPG (46.49 KiB) Viewed 1392 times
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Bonehead#3 with burnt nut flexlok
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
robtg
    Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:54 pm

You need a little tiny Tig Finger to go over that. :D

I got a tig finger. Now it's a black goo finger :lol:
Nick

Anyone else notice the knob on the torch in Jody's latest video? I feel better now :D
Nick
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I did, if yoda has done it, young Jedis bad should feel not..... :D
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

LOL :lol: I noticed too, I bet he did it on purpose just to make us feel better. Jody maybe you could market a little TIG Finger for FlexLoc owners!
robtg
    Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Is that called "walking the knob?" ;)
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

robtg wrote:Is that called "walking the knob?" ;)

Good one!!!
I've used a mig gun, recessing the tip up in the nozzle, to drag and wiggle downhill, works good. :)

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Mrek_09
    Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 am

nice