Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
rtv
  • rtv
    Sat May 22, 2010 12:02 pm

watching the videos i see Jody tacking all the time with just a fraction of a sec. burst. it would seem easy with a finger
trigger but what about a foot pedal? is there a setting for a burst time on the welder? (dynasty 200dx)
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

I can set my pedal to act like a switch. Any travel triggers the arc but no control over amperage. That way, it could just be a quick tap on the pedal instead of pushing it all the way down. You might be able to do something like that but I don't believe the dynasty has a timer like that.
Nick
    Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 am

I was wrong the dx does have a spot timer. Check in the advanced settings in your manual
Nick
rtv
  • rtv

Thanks! I see that now. i must have just skipped that when i first read the manual. now if i can just hit the right buttons
and switches in the right order while the display is scrolling and before it times out (or is it till it times out?) and select the proper mode and dial the output and save the settings...it might just work! :D
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I belive he just sets the pedal to give about twice the required welding amps then plants the foot and backs off straight away. The speed of the tack comes from the quick action on and of the pedal. No other settings needed. :-)
rtv
  • rtv

he must have one heck of a quick foot!!!!
chriso
    Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 pm

rtv wrote:he must have one heck of a quick foot!!!!
quick finger - it's in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9-nzrxM ... ApS_m_6mPw