Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Went ahead and ordered a htp 221 watercooled invertig. Will use this as a place holder for unopening pics when it arrives and give original impressions. First project is going to be the obligatory cart, then some handrails for the front steps. Was just excited and wanted to share with people who get it, as my wife just stares at me lol. I will also compare it to the dynasty 200 as that is what I use at work everyday.
450dualsport
    Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:46 am

I recently bought the same setup. I think you will be very happy. It puts a big smile on my face every time I use it. In fact, I think I am addicted. I go out to the shop to run a bead or two like a smoker goes out for a cigarette.

I am looking forward to your opinion and comparison with the Dynasty!
Wes917

I hope it meets up to the standard that others have given it.
450dualsport

I'm sure it will, but if it doesn't, you can't go wrong with HTP's return policy!
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

It must be a weapon , Jody liked it and Colin from Toxicfab.com uses or used one recently , liked it. And he is a welding god.

Mick
Charles
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:57 am

I just bought one too, supposed to be coming today 8-)
Wes917

Charles wrote:I just bought one too, supposed to be coming today 8-)

What are your first impressions? My tracking number shows it got to my local facility today and it will be here tomorrow
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Yoyr wife just stares? Feed some of your next meal to the dog, see how he does before you eat.
Wes917

Bill Beauregard wrote:Yoyr wife just stares? Feed some of your next meal to the dog, see how he does before you eat.

I meant when I talk about the welder lol. She doesn't get what so exciting about it.
Wes917

Welder showed up today, and all I can say is I hope it welds half as good as it looks. Everything seems really well built I snapped some pics but haven't uploaded them yet
450dualsport

Wes917 wrote:Welder showed up today, and all I can say is I hope it welds half as good as it looks. Everything seems really well built I snapped some pics but haven't uploaded them yet
It welds TWICE as good as it looks. :)
jrcll
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:47 am

I also purchased the HTP 221 about a month ago, so far great machine, I was a little hesitant at first not knowing anyone that had used a HTP product before, but the price for with water cooling and other equip included [2980.00] and after seeing Jody use it and give it thumbs up I bought one, now the guys at work are wondering why I`m taking home used soda cans and digging through the can of old razor blades !!!!! lol
Charles
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:57 am

Wes917 wrote: What are your first impressions? My tracking number shows it got to my local facility today and it will be here tomorrow
Everything looked great after unboxing, seems to be very well constructed. Nothing feels "cheap" in any way. Fit and finish definitely on par (maybe even a little better) with what I was expecting.

I love the torch cable, and the grounding clamp is pretty beefy. Ordered a bunch of consumables / torch parts with it, dual flow regulator, everything looks good.

Unfortunately haven't been able to light up with it yet - I got argon this weekend but still need to run a 220 line out to the garage for it. In the mean time I'm getting familiar with the owners manual and stocking up on scrap metal to run practice beads. I plan on doing the "steel drill" and "aluminum drill" until the cows come home.