Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

So, finally decided to pull the trigger on another machine. Invertig 221 all the way. I was pumped. Ready to place that order. And of course they are out of stock for the 220v models, until possibly March...

So now considering the 313. Oddly, I can't find a single review of this welder online despite it being out for over 6 months. Kind of weird for how things move about these days. I think Oscar's mention of it here was the most I have seen about it.

Anybody own one? Used one? Thoughts of it's functionality compared to the 221?
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Only if you consider mine to be "the same".
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Oscar wrote:Only if you consider mine to be "the same".
I am rewatching that video you did on the 400. They certainly do look similar.

Any disappointments after owning it for several months? How is it on AL? What's the warranty? HTP oddly makes that hard to find on their site...
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

The power supply is different, and obviously the max power output. But feature-wise, identical AFAICT. I've only messed with it on aluminum and it quite good but then again, the 221 is the only other quality TIG I can compare it to (my old Eastwood TIG 200 AC/DC is several notches below these). The warranty is 3 years if I'm not mistaken. No regrets as of yet. It's actually been over a year that I've owned my 400. I think I picked it up January 5th or so of last year.