Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

I currently have a Hobart Handler 150, original 220v transformer based MIG, a Dynasty 200DX/coolmate 400 and a MM350P with a 25' XR-Aluma Pro and a Bernard Q300 gun and a Hypertherm Powermax 45.

Getting older, not doing anywhere as much as planned. Haven't powered up the welders for 4 years after moving. The Dynasty replaced a old Miller Econo-Twin HF and the Hobart was the first mig.....

The Handler 150 is very nice, but maybe not as versatile as I would like and 220v only. The 350P is obviously more than I need, but it's a great machine.

Dielima, I have considered selling the 150 and 350P and possibly replacing with a Millermatic 255. I like the idea of experimenting with pulsed MIG. For years I had an eye on the Multimatic 215, but didn't think I really need the multi process. With that, the 200DX will do 150A TIG & 130A DC stick @60% and the Multimatic 255 will do 275A TIG & 200A stick @60%.

I guess I need to decide on the TIG needs, because I should be able to get by on thick material with ⅛ stick multipass @130A.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I ran at least 700 lb of tig and stick filler through a 150 stl. Before it cooked. Obviously no ac but it’s light and easy. They have a version that has hf. Cheap and 120/240. What do you want to weld and what do you expect to realistically weld. If ac is a maybe then stick with a dc machine and jut rent an ac machine when you know you need it.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

On 240v, your Dynasty will do 200 amps TIG and Stick.i think all you need to do is decide on a MIG box.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

GlenC wrote:I like the idea of experimenting with pulsed MIG.

Pulsed-spraying Monster right there (if you are open to other makes/models of welders)

Pics are oversized, so either right-click and open in new tab, or click here: Pic #1 Pic #2

Included Programs: