Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Razor46
    Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:24 pm

I am looking at Purchasing a new Tig Welder with a budget under $2000. Needs to be AC/DC and will be mainly on thinner material. Was looking at Everlast 210EXT or Lincoln SquareWave 200. Looking for recommendations on either of these 2 or possibly something else within that budget. Ideas?

Thanks
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I have more questions than answers

Josh
SteveM
    Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 am

I like my 250 EX

Some good reviews, look at THIS one as well
Richard
Website
Razor46

Thanks for the replies. The Primeweld definitely looks like a decent unit for the money. Think I am going to pass on the Lincoln since it has a pretty aggressive start amperage for DC. What about the HTP inverting 221? Its a little more than I was planning on but the reviews look pretty good. I would not be able to do the Dual Voltage though as its way out of price range.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

how thin is "thinner material"?
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

I have a 255EXT and I have been quite happy with it. It has been almost 18 months and still working ok. Should get similar results from 210EXT.

The 221 looks really good for the money. Check out the 'This Old Tony' YouTube video on it.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
Razor46

Most of the time just down to 16gauge. But have a project coming up that is 18gauge.
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

I have the Lincoln 200. Not that impressed with it, but that aggressive arc start has never bothered me, even on 16/18 guage stainless. Lack of adjustable post flow is an issue, but most of my issues are on the stick side of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Razor46

Thanks for the replies. Ended up going with the Invertig221.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Razor46 wrote:Thanks for the replies. Ended up going with the Invertig221.
You should be very happy. All reports are that it is a very good machine and a very good company.

Razor46 wrote:Thanks for the replies. Ended up going with the Invertig221.
check out Oscar's HTP group
Richard
Website
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I was gonna say, the 221 has a nice crisp arc start down to 4A in DC and 10A in AC mode.

Razor, sent you a message if you want to join my WhatsApp HTP Welder group chat.
Mikeanw
    Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi All;

I know I'm late to the game here but I recently purchased the new AHP AlphaTig 201. AC/DC, 120/240V TIG welder. I have MIG, and Gas welded for years and wanted to venture into TIG.

I built myself a new cart (of course) out of mild steel, and done a bit of aluminum welding. I have done all this on 120v for the time being. I have 240 available but wanted to try things out.

So far I am very pleased. the machine has a lot of functionality and variability, all of which I hope to test out over the coming months.

:D