Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
draakken66613
    Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:45 pm

noddybrian wrote:So this is a bit random but it's not that easy to achieve what you want as the foot pedals / thumb wheels / buttons etc are using components that handle a few milliamps to signal a control board on inverter welders controlling the output - your welder appears to require a mechanical lever to be moved in order to change amps - so my thought if I were trying to do this is ( assuming you have compressed air available ) remover the locking mechanism off the control lever & install a small air cylinder to operate it then look for an air brake pedal off a truck & use this to give a variable pressure to send to the cylinder - either use an external return spring or sprung cylinder ( ie throttle control cylinder off engine drive compressor or boat ) most of the bits you could find in a decent junkyard for very little money.
Thanks man I appreciate your input. I was also thinking about using linkages attached to the machine & a pedal as well. Downdraw is that the machine would need to be near you at all times when welding. Oh yeah, I do have compressed air. A whole crap ton of it. Probably about enough to run 3 impacts, 3 air ratchets, and a paint booth at the same time.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
draakken66613
    Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:45 pm

Poland308 wrote:
18826AED-BB93-4626-9AA9-C89282FE9F6C.jpeg
I’d recommend some light reading.
Hey fellow dude, I downloaded the book you recommended. Haven't really read through it just yet as it seems the more retired I am the busier I apparently get. LOL. Thanks for the recommendation [emoji106].

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk