Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

Interesting article.

Thanks for sharing.
    Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 am

Nice!

Will be interesting to see where this goes and how tight the tolerances are as far as dilution of the filler and required weld consistency goes before un-even alloy composition and cracking becomes an issue again.

Would determine if it can be safely used for manual welding or is going to be more suited for robotic/automated setups to get a good yield. (with the inherent crack risk both probably need some verification/testing like x-ray to be 100% sure though..)

Still.. Very interesting development..

Bye, Arno.
    Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Arno wrote:Nice!

Will be interesting to see where this goes and how tight the tolerances are as far as dilution of the filler and required weld consistency goes before un-even alloy composition and cracking becomes an issue again.

Would determine if it can be safely used for manual welding or is going to be more suited for robotic/automated setups to get a good yield. (with the inherent crack risk both probably need some verification/testing like x-ray to be 100% sure though..)

Still.. Very interesting development..

Bye, Arno.
There is a hyperlink at the bottom that has research paper for this article. There was some testing done but I didn’t understand a lot of it, way over my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk