Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
calixt0
    Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:39 pm

well as many of you know I got a new to me welder.. lincoln ac225s. well I finally got it working and new work and electrode holder installled. I bought some 3/32 6011 and had it working but would only work really hot 95 amps plus. well today i was able to run a few beads at 75 amps Image the top few beads were the 95 amp ones the very bottom one was a 75 amp and the one on the right was 75 amps as well... the one on the right looks cold but I'm thinking I (using the whip and pause) took 1 step forward and 3/4 back, basically didn't space them out enough.. let me know what you all think...

shaun

ps. not bad for not having done any stick welding for 20 + years.
Zach_T
    Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am

Not bad at all! What thickness metal were you welding on? The 95amps looks like it was way to hot but that could just be because your welding on thinner metal and not having to worry about penetrating into both pieces but that's jus my 2cents!
If ya ain't burnin ya ain't earnin
calixt0
    Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Zach_T wrote:Not bad at all! What thickness metal were you welding on? The 95amps looks like it was way to hot but that could just be because your welding on thinner metal and not having to worry about penetrating into both pieces but that's jus my 2cents!
Just straight beads on 1/4" plate.. no joining
Zach_T
    Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am

calixt0 wrote:
Zach_T wrote:Not bad at all! What thickness metal were you welding on? The 95amps looks like it was way to hot but that could just be because your welding on thinner metal and not having to worry about penetrating into both pieces but that's jus my 2cents!
Just straight beads on 1/4" plate.. no joining
That's why the 95 amps looks hot! But other than that it looks good! The whip and pause(in my opinion) is the best way to run 6010/6011 unless your running it on an open root joint then it goes to personal preference but good job and keep up the good work!

Zach
If ya ain't burnin ya ain't earnin
    Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Ive never used 6011 but im guessing its very similar to 6010 from what ive heard and read. When i weld with 3/32 6010, 95 amps is too hot for that rod.
Once you lowered to 75 they started looking real nice. First welds in over 20 years huh? Looks like you already got the hang of it again and you're well on your way. Keep it up man looking good!
"The Plumber Protects The Health Of The Nation"
eric325
    Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:05 pm

I think it looks pretty good for not doing it for 20 years.....when I run beads I make the c method they come out real nice