Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
    Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Well gang..The new torch came yesterday...Complete with power cable adapter & a gas lens kit...I really like it....Alot nicer than the everlast set-up...Not that I'm doggin my 160..there both cool ...I just like the 275 better...cuz I tig the root & switch right over to stick...here's some pics...
Attachments
005.JPG
005.JPG (133.47 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (39.71 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
004.JPG
004.JPG (105.29 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
006.JPG
006.JPG (103.19 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
003.JPG
003.JPG (45.59 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

WOW Man! :shock:

Where'd you get that torch??
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

Not bad.
When you do the stick passes, are you striking the arc right at the bottom of the plate? (Could be the cause of the porosity) Or a little above and coming back down?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Yea John...I like it...Got it from weldfabulous..Sjon from CK hooked me up with part #'s..I gota 150amp 3 series head with integral gas valve..SL2 twist lock power cable adapter with 6' gas hose.stubby gas lens kit..Y valve..and a smith dual dial regulator..come in at 325 i think...Got my 6" schd 80 carbon & 1 3/8 SS pipe back "finally" all beveled...Got four of um tacked up tonight.....I like my everlast for tig...Its got HF...Gota get a 25 dinse to 1/2" tweco connector so I can just plug in stick leads & torch to both machines......I'm really gettn into this pipe...Im obsessed(possessed wud be more like it)....Just hope my head don't start spinnin around...lmao....Jasper....Yea...I was just dinkin around..Draggn it from top to bottom to see what would happen...I saw awrite..I bobbled two or three times on my starts...I knew that was gona happen when I saw the start...no Biggie..This is just playin..Tryin different things..just to see what happens...I'm a noob...I gota see what does what....Cant fix things if I don't know whats broke....I'll get serious know with this batch a pipe.....And post some pics on the progress...Thanks for the input guys...It's appreciated for sure...