Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
    Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Ok Guys..Gota chance to buy Invertec 275 for $1000.00 ..Supposed to be a scratch an dent item off e-bay..Could buy 280's for a little less..6-1000..They look kinda used...Any advice...Im only wanting a machine like this for it's 6010 capabilities..Practicin for the pipe gig....Im kinda leary of the everlast 280..and the pa 300.for some reason...shield arc showed me some great pics of his machines welds..But I agree, the 7018 cud have been a little more fluid....Ok everybody....Jump right in...Thanks again guys
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Mike,
I have never personally used the Invertec 275 but there are several here who have recommended them. It sounds like a great deal to me at $1000. I personally would go with Lincoln over the Everlast simply because I personally have and use Lincoln. The Everlast should be a great machine and I wouldn't mind trying one, but until I do I have to recommend the 275.
Just my personal 2 cents.
-Jonathan
DylanWelds
    Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:25 am

They are good machines. I recommend it
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

I have the Invertec v250-s - works just fine. Much better than my maxstar 150s.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey Mike,
I have had two of these machines.
I still have one.
The first one I bought brand new, demo. $1000
I sold it for $1700.
I just bought one with 50' leads, $860.
I'm trying to get $1700 for it.

Anyway,
This machine versus the cst 280, it will kick its butt.
Remember, the cst280, only puts out 200amps on 1ph.
Buy the Invertec, extremely well built machine.
Can't go wrong on it.

I currently have 4 Invertecs, and love them all.
Miller can't compete with Lincoln.

John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

WELL...I just couldn't resist..It was an in store demo..Got some scratches that you cant even see from the close up pics.....The ports are still shiny..LOL..A grand..shipped...guess I didn't get hurt on the price...I like the bells an whistles on the everlast 280..But after lookin at shield arc pics..I figured the green machine wouldn't "flow out" when I was cappin....I Know what there supposed to look like....NOW....I saw some really SWEET position welds on pipe at ROXOL...A couple as good a Fieldres...On a GLOBcat no less...Guess its the weldor not the welder...Should be here sat-mon according to seller....I took all the boxes of rod I had with me from here to the job...picked up a few emptys there..And came back loaded..3/32-1/8 5/32 excaliburs..6011's 6010 5p++++ 309l SS's...Hippie rods.(red flux) 6010's..FOR the HIPPIE HOT PASS...lmao...Thats what one of the ol timers called um any way...(the guy that did the best welds I saw there)...DAM..That ol man made me green with envy.. he made it look so easy..Showin off, 1 handin um too...I'll send some pics when I get it...An some pics of the welds...One of the Danes "HOOKED ME UP" with pipe before I left..Bt 10' of sch 80 carbon..6" SS 3/32 wall & 1 3/8 sch 80 SS ...Then Im gona crack out the new metabo 6" an..BEVEL THE PISS outa some pipe...LOL..Ok ..Later guys..AN Thanks again for the input...Always appreciated...
    Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 am
    Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts

I don't know anything about the Invertec 275. I've owned two Invertec V350-Pros. The first one was a used construction model. I was flat floored at the control that machine had over the puddle 8-) . So I ordered a new V350-Pro advanced model. Totally amazing machine! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) If your new to you Invertec welds anything like either one of my V350-Pros, it will weld circles around a PA-200, or PA-300! ;)

Shield Arc wrote:I don't know anything about the Invertec 275. I've owned two Invertec V350-Pros. The first one was a used construction model. I was flat floored at the control that machine had over the puddle 8-) . So I ordered a new V350-Pro advanced model. Totally amazing machine! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) If your new to you Invertec welds anything like either one of my V350-Pros, it will weld circles around a PA-200, or PA-300! ;)
Hey Carl,
In one week, I will tell you if those 275s compare to a 350.
I get home Tuesday.

John

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Great Shield arc..Thats what I was wanting to hear..There were some 350's I looked at..1500 & up....I cheaped out & got this....My ability is gona have to play catch up with this 275 im sure..All im all..Im kinda excited ..Cant wait to hit the pipe...(no pun intended) lmao....all this piss testin goin on..ya just cant hardly enjoy urself on ur time off anymore....lol....John...Waitin for some pics of your machines & there beads..post um up man..Im gona have to figure out what size connectors this thing takes..Maybe my whip & work clamp will fit it..Just hav to get 20 foot or so to reach outa little..Im sure my everlast stuff is to small..Guess I'll pony up the doe an get a flex lock from ck for the tig end...Gota get this stainless down..AND,,the tig root carbon, stick out...Once im confident I can do it.."consistently ..Im takn that union boys advice and LIE my ass off...HAHAHAHAHA...See what happens...

These Invertecs have the 1/2 in dinse plug.
Bigger than your PowerArc 160.
I'll be running a bunch of rods with my 350.
I have a ln25 to go on it, as well as .045 duelshield, er70s6, and nr211.

Lots o pics guys.

John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Well todays packed with all kinds of surprises...My pipe fitters blue book just got her...now all I gota do is try an make sense of it all...The trig stuff i know from machining...It's the nomenclature im gona have to ingrain in the brain....Not to worry...Im eatin this pipe up...Hate to sound like a kid in the candy shop...but i'm reeealllyy likin this....lmao

mike boyer wrote:Great Shield arc..Thats what I was wanting to hear..There were some 350's I looked at..1500 & up....I cheaped out & got this....My ability is gona have to play catch up with this 275 im sure..All im all..Im kinda excited ..Cant wait to hit the pipe...(no pun intended) lmao....all this piss testin goin on..ya just cant hardly enjoy urself on ur time off anymore....lol....John...Waitin for some pics of your machines & there beads..post um up man..Im gona have to figure out what size connectors this thing takes..Maybe my whip & work clamp will fit it..Just hav to get 20 foot or so to reach outa little..Im sure my everlast stuff is to small..Guess I'll pony up the doe an get a flex lock from ck for the tig end...Gota get this stainless down..AND,,the tig root carbon, stick out...Once im confident I can do it.."consistently ..Im takn that union boys advice and LIE my ass off...HAHAHAHAHA...See what happens...
Well Mike,
I'm a liar.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?40 ... has-landed

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Man..Did you get a 350...Ok Im jealous already...lol ...The 275 got here..Im stoked...Here she is gang......TA-DA !!!! and the 1450-150RT....That things lika shark!!!!
Attachments
014.JPG
014.JPG (111.46 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
009.JPG
009.JPG (115.73 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (120.98 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
012.JPG
012.JPG (122.15 KiB) Viewed 2303 times

Hey Mike,
That machine looks great.
You did good.

And,
You didn't read that whole thread I linked you.
My Invertec v-350pro burned up.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

I DID NOW....John..THAT SUCKS man...Is that how it looked before you tried to fire it up????..First thing I did was pop the skin n taka peek..(IM FLAWLESS inside).Then I called Hubbell...and explained what my connectors were...they walked my dumb ass right thru it...I was wired 208 3 PHASE...I changed it over..Still havnt pluged it in yet. Brother in-laws gna send "sparky" over to check my stuff...Like I said earlier.>>EELECTRICAL IDIOT...Bro I hate it for ya...I will say this...i'd be KNAWIN SOMEBODYS ASS if it looked like that before i pluged it in....Now you got me nervous!!!!!LOL
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Nice score Mike :)

I'm sure you'll like it - my v250-s welds very well with every type rod I've tried on it. 6010, 6011, 6013, 7014, and 7018

It also tig welds very nicely (after I fixed the ground cable).

Let us know what you think when you fire that puppy up! :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Thanks Dave....My abilities gona have to rise to this things capability im sure...If my pipe welds suck..It wont be the machines fault..And thats exactly Y i got this one.....Everyone here vouched for it...Hell...Shield arc did what he "showed n telled" with a everlast...I shud be that good...LMAO...wana be anyway...Thanks man for the props....I'll post some pics once I get it fired up...Waitin for my HUBBELL connectors an My 6/3 SOOW power cord before im HOT...Not to mention the electrician comin to check me off as ready...Electrical morons..The scourge of the world....LMAO...Ok.so shoot me...
DylanWelds
    Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:25 am

Those machines run really good. I don't get to do much tig at work but they run great with tig and if you get a suitcase it runs wire really good too once you get everything dialed in right. For roll welds or flat welds if you turn the arc force down all the way to -10 and crank it up hot everything comes out looking smoother than butter haha
    Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 am
    Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts

Oh you'll love that remote, best thing invented since chocolate ice cream! :lol:

Thanks Man...After readin your responce about your Everlast'(which I REALLY appreciate) & 350pro....I started readin up on big red...Shuda spent the extra doe an got a 350.....But O well...I'm happy with this one....Things like brand new inside..I'll get some pics up later...AND...Shots of HOW I'M WIRED...Johns got me sweatin bullets now.... :? I got Lucky dealin with some great guys when I sourced the stuff for this machine..When I opened the lead box..Ther were 2 Sets of tweco 2/0-3/0 LC 40 connectors in it too....The Machine didnt even show the remote...I open that box and see a little box in there too..It was the remote..30' cord...Its gota Hubbell watertight twist-lock safety shroud power plug on it..So I was really happy with everything.....Some really cool guys..HOOKED me up...
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

I like the Lincoln Invertec Series. 13 years ago, I bought the V100-S for scratch start TIG.
It works fine on Stainless Steel. The entire unit weighed only 11 lbs and was very portable.
http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/s ... /im585.pdf
Attachments
V100-S.jpg
V100-S.jpg (109.42 KiB) Viewed 1840 times

Hey werk....it's my 1st lincoln..only the 2nd welder i've owned...Im a NOOB....Yes...Sad but true.. :roll: ..Here's my little green tig machine...I started with this 1...All the guys here helped me get goin...It was great..
Attachments
002.JPG
002.JPG (65.3 KiB) Viewed 1827 times