Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
    Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Gang...Has anyone seen the new P.A. 280 from Everlast...I for one am seriously interested in it..AND..Would love to see a review of said machine...Hopefully by a competent welder..(HINT HINT Mr. Collier) LOL....Jonathan..Steve..?? Cum on guys....How do we go about getting one of these in the hands of the slag worm guru..Lmao!! If it does "HALF" of what is advertised...It awta blow millers 280 outa the water.....NO??????? ....Besides...I gota get something to practice my 6010 roots with....(ok..so it wasn't a completely unselfish post)...Shoot me !!!!
wheresmejumper
    Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Everlasts 6010 port and 6010 never got on for me.
yes it would 'weld' with them,but it was nasty.for open roots it kept extinguishing.
6011 it was a little better, but still not nice
Dancing with the blue lady
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I don't get much opportunity to review machines. Unfortunately, our shop (despite what we do) is too small to attract a distributor/salesman to market/demonstrate machines.

Our new "masters" are in bed with AirGas, so if they don't sell it, we won't see it.

I am hoping, that as this forum and Jody's videos grow ever more popular, that some of us may see invitations to trade shows in our areas, where we can get our hands on everyone's latest technology. Unfortunately, my work is such a specific niche that I don't attract attention.

I've got to get off my behind and make some use out of linkedin...

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

We are the same way. Most of what we do is with Lincoln at this point. To my knowledge there is not a Everlast distributor in my area or I would get one in and try it.
Let me ask around and see what I can do but don't get to hopeful. I think Jody would have the best shot at a demo out of all of us.
Is this the mahine you are refering to?
http://www.everlastgenerators.com/produ ... arc-280sth
-Jonathan
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Mike,
That machine looks like a winner.
250 amp stick, arc force, hot start...
Not to mention full feature DC tig.
Comes with cheap lpm flow meter, and cheap torch and leads.
Might want to find a nice 25' weld craft 17.
50' 2/0 would be a big improvement.
$1050 can't be beat.

It's gambling though.
Take care.
John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Well..talked to Everlast today bouta a vid review...Was told by someone (who shall remain nameless) lol...they approached The Guru bt doin a vid...He declined...I don't get it..But hell..I dont get alota stuff....I just wana see SOMEONE who really knows how to weld give his opinion on the 6010 capabilities....Ive used the big 40 D's.. XMT's an 280's plugged to 480 & 240..they had a nice stable arc that you could turn down till it stuck.(when u weeded thru the junk & found a good machine).Then "slightly" long arc to keep it burnin..or tweak the dig..to get it in tight to get it gougin an fillin great..without a HUGE keyhole....280's are a dime a dozen on e-bay....But adjustability on the everlast looks like the ticket..(if it works like advertised)..Course the sweep on the 280's work the same way...just slidin up n down in the respective rod range...ANYWAY...bla bla bla....I gota get something to get this 6010 root down with....And bein a rookie....I dont know all the in's & outs like you guys....The small stainless pipe...(1" - 2 1/4) i got plenty of..& the 160 can easily handle that tig wise...I brought it in one day an let 1 of the REAL weldors use it....they loved the HF & foot pedal..Way better than the 150 max's they were usin...said it even had a better low amp start..(course it wasn't a beat up rental either)..Ok apples to apples to be fair....But the dam thing just wont do 6010....Hate to buy a miller..Cuz Im not into anal.....lmao...Its like my snap on tools...They aint a dam bit better than the craftsman I got...Go figure huh??? Im told I can try one out for a month..If i like it ,buy it..if not send it back.... Ok gang,Imput goes here............................
    Tue May 28, 2013 11:10 am
    Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts

I don't know anything about the PA-280, but I own a PA-200, and a PA-300. With the PA-200 you have to hold a real close arc length when running 6010. With the PA-300 it runs 6010 just like any other machine. With the PA-200 once you get it in your head to hold a close arc length, both the PA-200, and PA-300 will run 6010 every bit as nice as either one of my SA-200 Short hoods.

COOL BEANS Shieldarc...That exactly the kind of info (and idiot proof pics) i was lookin for....I originaly wanted the 300(for the dig & hot start functions)....But not being "welder" savy..I didnt know you could reverse the leads & tig with them..SOO i got the 165sth...Later when talkin to a real weldor, he told me "just reverse the leads dumbass & your set up to tig.....lol...Live & learn...I just wish we could hound Jody till he did a vid.......It doesn't have to be compared to ANYTHING..Good forbid we should kill any sacred cows.(specialy the blue ones)..lmao.. I personally have it in for any company that waves the flag screamin made in america..when the dam thing is chinese parts.."assembeled" in the states ..and thats it...Dont lie to me an expect me to be loyal.....Ive used XMT's 150 maxys. 280 cst's..40 D's GLOBcats trailblazers..bla bla bla...They ran nice(when they weren't beat to death or older than dino crap) An trust me IM NO WELDER..Im just learnin an got lucky with a few beads...In my Book a REAL weldor is the guy who doesn't ask questions..He's the guy I search out to anwser um....So thanks for the pics dylan....Those are the beads I saw the pipe guys run....AND DROOLED ALL OVER MYSELF ..GREEN WITH ENVY....LMAO.. AND yes Johanthan..Thats the one ....Whata u think????? Got some cool bells & whisles,NO?????

Mike I'm no pipe welder by any stretch of the imagination! :oops: Strictly structural!
The PA-200 has automatic hot start and arc force. If you really pay attention you can see the automatic arc force work. The PA-300 has adjustable hot start and arc force. Hot start doesn't mean anything to me, I've started a rod or two in my life, but this arc force is the coolest thing! The arc force on the PA-300 doesn't have near the range as my Lincoln Invertec V350-Pro, but it is still very nice. I just got the PA-300 not to long ago. I wish the arc force would allow the puddle to be just a little wetter with 7018.

Mike here is a 6-inch sch 80 pipe I did the other day with the PA-300. 6010 root, hot & fill. 7018 cap.
I wish the arc force would go just a little lower to give a wetter puddle with 7018. But still not to bad I guess.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Killed it Carl...
Looks good.

Your no Everlast shill, you can really show um.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Thanks John! ;)

I've only used two Everlast machines in my life. For the money they are very impressive! Will they weld as nice as my Lincoln V350-Pro? Nope! But the V350-Pro is $5000.00 +! The Everlast machines are around $300.00. For the money I've never seen the quality of arc the PA-200, and PA-300 have. 8-)