Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

Where do people get scrap or coupons for pipe tests. Looking to practice 6inch 6g pipe as well as 2inch. Will be doing stick all the way out/ tig all the way out, or tig root, hot, stick fill and cap.

I've seen Jonathan sells pipe coupons and willing to support his business, but I am on a budget and looking for some cheap cheap. (Sorry Jonathan haha!).

Cheers!
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Surely a steel supplier in your area must be able to sell you pipe(?)

Oscar wrote:Surely a steel supplier in your area must be able to sell you pipe(?)
Ya I talked to them and they wanted to sell me full length pipe. I don't have the capability to move that kind of weight. If I wanted smaller drops they'd charge for the full pipe naturally. Hence my search for drops or scrap.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Well that sucks. Here locally I can get pretty much any common sized pipe by the foot, up to about 36" diameter. If I had a way to accurately slice/bevel it I'd sell it as coupons.....hmmmm
    Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:22 am

Look up Superior Welding & Fab on here or on Instagram. Jonathan sells coupons for various tests.
Part time blacksmith and bladesmith.
Instagram @ironshepherdforge
FB Iron Shepherd Forge
http://www.ironshepherdforge.com
Etsy Iron Shepherd Forge
Youtube ironshepherdforge
Lincoln 140HD, Everlast 160STH, LangmuirPro, Razorcut45
varekai
    Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:03 pm

bap_ wrote:Where do people get scrap or coupons for pipe tests. Looking to practice 6inch 6g pipe as well as 2inch. Will be doing stick all the way out/ tig all the way out, or tig root, hot, stick fill and cap.

I've seen Jonathan sells pipe coupons and willing to support his business, but I am on a budget and looking for some cheap cheap. (Sorry Jonathan haha!).

Cheers!

How about here? http://www.southbaymetals.com/surplus/steel/index.html
varekai
    Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:03 pm

bap_ wrote:Where do people get scrap or coupons for pipe tests. Looking to practice 6inch 6g pipe as well as 2inch. Will be doing stick all the way out/ tig all the way out, or tig root, hot, stick fill and cap.

Cheers!

How about here? http://www.southbaymetals.com/surplus/steel/index.html

No I haven’t heard of that. I’ll have to give them a call.
snoeproe
    Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:37 am

A local machine shop will cut
and bevel pipe coupons for you. You just need to provide them with all the specs for what you want.
Pipe coupons are not scrap nor do they come from scrap.