Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
shadowwu
    Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:20 am

I wanna to try a good quality plasma welder, without so big pollution and so big power consumption. Is there any good brand product in America or Europe? Thank you!
shadowwu
    Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:20 am

Could somebody give suggestion. if you have welder, which is very safe and green, pls tell me. I heard there is some new product could use water to do welding and cutting in Russia. Somebody know????????????
ZanderJay
    Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:10 pm

You can try Micro Plasma Welding Machine, though I am not particular of any brand. It is an automated welding at low currents and carries with it built-in pilot arcing system. I hope you can really find a good Plasma Welder.
Last edited by ZanderJay on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ogorir
    Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

uhhhhhhh... huh?
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

ogorir wrote:uhhhhhhh... huh?
Couldn't agree more.
    Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:48 am

:shock:
Jim
Pipefitter/Weldor out of Local 396
Millermatic 252
Dynasty 200DX
Maxstar 150 STL
Spoolmate 100
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Miller Digital Elite
JD2 Model 32 Bender
Emerson 7120 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
Oxy-Gas Torch outfit
Generac XP8000E Generator
ogorir
    Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

I think I may have deciphered the original post...

I have no idea whether the plasma welders available here in the states are more or less efficient than comparable processes such as TIG welding or laser welding. there aren't any published specs for energy consumption vs output that I've seen. safety shouldn't be an issue with a well-maintained plasma welder, but I'd imagine that something explosive could happen when the tip starts to erode or if something jumped up inside the cup.

I don't remember whether it was mentioned in the OP, but plasma welding is EXPENSIVE. read.... EXPENSIVE. and unnecessary for most applications. but... it is really damn cool: http://www.arcraftplasma.com/welding/plasma-welding.htm
daza87
    Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:52 am

shadowwu wrote:I wanna to try a good quality plasma welder, without so big pollution and so big power consumption. Is there any good brand product in America or Europe? Thank you!
I'd suggest Hypertherm, you can find some here:

http://www.kerfdevelopments.com/plasmacutting.html
harleyotto

:mrgreen:
At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.Blancpain Watches
Billbong
    Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:28 am

Hi all, I know this thread started a year or so ago, but if you still want to get info on plasma welding, look for the Multiplaz 3500 thread in this forum....there's a whole breakdown of the process etc.
Ian.