Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Adam
    Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:54 am

I was talked into a Hypertherm 30XP... Anything you'd buy / have on hand other than what came with the thing? I know it's a small machine, but 99% of the stuff I will be doing will be way under 1/4" and 3 minutes of cutting is a LOT of cutting.

So if you have any tips and tricks you can share for small machine cutting, that'd be great. I see a bit on the forum, but it seems centered around commercial use and larger machines.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

I've no personal experience with that unit - but Lanse has several videos on his channel using his new 30XP - I think his most recent showed a consumable kit that included a narrow kerf nozzle - he showed it cutting thin material as a demo of the cleaner cut & less heat / distortion on the part - you may want to get that kit - other than that as per any plasma cutter I'd look at your air supply & concentrate on keeping it as clean & moisture free as practical or funds allow.

Why would you need talking into a Hypertherm ? I was led to believe they are among the top machines - work great & have great backup plus they're made in the US - not imported - the new 30 seems like a very nice machine for it's size - perhaps you could review yours once you've used it a bit.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (94.92 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (98.52 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
adam
i have a older regular hyper 30 and it has worked great for
stuff up to 1/8" cuts sheet metal clean and quick.
great tool
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Adam

noddybrian wrote: Why would you need talking into a Hypertherm ?
Well, my original want was a Victor machine for $900... which I think would have served my purposes. Local welding jobber (Airgas) told me that they have lots of issues, and that I really wanted the Hypertherm. It was $400 out of my budget, but I bought it anyways.

I'll play with it next week and return with my findings.
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I just received my Everlast machine yesterday. I have ran lincoln, miller, and hypertherm but I don't think they can hold a candle to this machine and for the price this was one of my best decisions. It is the Everlast PowerPlasma 50 and it is amazing. Cuts like a dream, easy to set up and operate and powerful. I hope you enjoy your new machine, I sure am enjoying mine. :D
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
Adam

Played with the machine tonight. It is everything promised and more.

First cut was in some 1/4" angle. zipped it right off. Then hacked on some old plow disks etc. Really nice piece of kit.

Found a video where a guy cuts 3/4" plate with the little thing... On 110.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

A plasma designed circle cutting kit will be a nice touch. Slightly different from an OA one.

mick
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey,

A plasma designed circle cutting kit will be a nice touch. Slightly different from an OA one.

mick
I just received a Hypertherm 65 at work on Tuesday, awesome machine. I ordered this as well... circle cutting kit what I like is it is magnetic or suction so works well with all the stainless I use.

I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

That's the guy. I thought suction but wasn't entirely sure.

Mick
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

Adam, check this out...good tips on usage. Ive used a plasma for years and still learned a few things.

http://go.bluevolt.com/hypertherm/Home/ ... hypertherm
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB
Adam

That's fantastic! Exactly what I was looking for!
pwilson
    Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:21 am

Wouldnt trade my powermax 45 for anything.....except maybe a powermax 65, lol! But honestly my 45 powers through even 1" stuff at times pretty quick.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

rich h
great site plenty of great info
thanks for posting
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil