Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Fly
  • Fly
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 am

I know this topic has been beat to death.I,m a retired tool & die maker.Welder, Mmmmmmmmmm
some what but many here are much better than me.But being retired I,m on a fixed income.I have
been thinking buying a plasma cutter.

$$$$$$$$ more than I can afford with the Millers & so on.I have spent the last two days in research.
Now something I noted, was 90% of the bad reviews are made 3, 4 & 5 years ago.Have they gotten better.
Everlast now has a 5year warranty.I would love to buy a USA machine.I have nothing but Millers welders in my
shop.

But I,m not making a living doing this stuff anymore.Your thoughts on the newer china machines.
Only ones that have newer ones reply.

Fly :D
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

While I do not own the machines, as a moderator here (reading EVERY post) I can tell you that Everlast gets good reviews, both on performance and customer service.

From what I've seen, they either perform flawlessly, or are immediately replaced when they don't. Additionally, the consumables are readily available and inexpensive.

The choice is yours, of course, but from what I've read, you won't regret this brand.

There are several owners here, and I hope they add their comments.

Steve S
dsmabe
    Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:50 pm

I don't have a Everlast plasma cutter, but I do have one of their new PowerTig 185 welders.
I had some problems with Everlasts logistics, I was sent the wrong tig torch/cable. Dinse 25 instead of 35, and it took about a month to get it all straight. But this was around a holiday so I can understand a little delay, but overall wasn't happy with the customer service.
On the plus side, I have been using the welder off and on for a while, and so far I've had zero problems with the machine. Duel input voltage works, high frequency works, ac/dc works, stick is smooth.
Even with the logistics problem I had with them, I'm still looking to get a plasma cutter as soon as I can afford it.
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

I just purchased an Everlast Power Plasma 50 and the Power Tig 200 DV after my first Everlast machine finally blew up after over abuse on my end. I would recommend the Plasma 50 to anyone. It is dual voltage, cnc compatible and very strong. I love the way it cuts. The only complaint I have is that the torch trigger sometimes sticks. I am sure it would be fixed with a stronger spring but since my wife and I run a hand cut metal art business that trigger issue can be a major problem but we fixed ours easily. They have great customer service and I know they are made in China but from my research they are an American based company with their product made in china so that made it a little easier for me. Again great machine great price great support. :)
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
Fly
  • Fly

mcoe wrote:I just purchased an Everlast Power Plasma 50 and the Power Tig 200 DV after my first Everlast machine finally blew up after over abuse on my end. I would recommend the Plasma 50 to anyone. It is dual voltage, cnc compatible and very strong. I love the way it cuts. The only complaint I have is that the torch trigger sometimes sticks. I am sure it would be fixed with a stronger spring but since my wife and I run a hand cut metal art business that trigger issue can be a major problem but we fixed ours easily. They have great customer service and I know they are made in China but from my research they are an American based company with their product made in china so that made it a little easier for me. Again great machine great price great support. :)
What did you do to smoke the other one?

Fly

I got their smallest multi process unit which was only rated for occasional use and I didnt know that at the time and used it hours everyday plasma and tig back and forth. The machine lasted for 6 months under that abuse. I am very happy with the new ones.
Matt
Fly
  • Fly

mcoe wrote:I got their smallest multi process unit which was only rated for occasional use and I didnt know that at the time and used it hours everyday plasma and tig back and forth. The machine lasted for 6 months under that abuse. I am very happy with the new ones.
Thanks buddy that help me.There is so many folks that read post & take everything as they had
one.As you know you must sift threw the crap some times to get the real story.

Fly :D

If you get one you won't regret it, just check the rating on the website. If it is for occasional use then that is for once in a blue moon.
Matt
Fly
  • Fly

Ok something I have been over looking.There are the IGBT machines that are said to be much
better.But much more money.Even Everlast IGBT model is $250 more.

Loto has a 50 amp IGBT machine around $500 were as Everlast IGBT 50 amp is $850.Everlast standard
model is $650.That Chucky guy did a torture test on a Longivity 40 amp machine.After checking it
was also a IGBT machine, not there standard 40 amp.

$800 is getting out of my range.I can handle the $650 for the Everlast but when I can get a Loto
with IGBT for $150 less I,m at a cross roads.Can any of you give your two cents here.I may stay with
the ole cutting torch I used for ever.Just don't know what to do.

Fly :?
camshaft
    Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:28 pm

What torch came with your unit ?
I was told that the plasma 50 can come with the s45 torch or ipt60

Sears has plasam50 with s45 for 765.00
pt60 is 40.00 more

I'm totally in the market to make a purchase just on the fence as to what.

mcoe wrote:I just purchased an Everlast Power Plasma 50 and the Power Tig 200 DV after my first Everlast machine finally blew up after over abuse on my end. I would recommend the Plasma 50 to anyone. It is dual voltage, cnc compatible and very strong. I love the way it cuts. The only complaint I have is that the torch trigger sometimes sticks. I am sure it would be fixed with a stronger spring but since my wife and I run a hand cut metal art business that trigger issue can be a major problem but we fixed ours easily. They have great customer service and I know they are made in China but from my research they are an American based company with their product made in china so that made it a little easier for me. Again great machine great price great support. :)

Ours came with the S45 torch. I really like it. The only complaint is how expensive the consumables are and how fast I go through them. A lot of my problem is too much water in the air and until I can afford to build a bigger shop and get my air compressor in the same building as my machine I will have that problem. The nice thing is I live right across the road from Harbor Freight while I am student teaching so I literally go right across the road to get consumables. It is very convenient. :D
Matt
Fly
  • Fly

mcoe wrote:Ours came with the S45 torch. I really like it. The only complaint is how expensive the consumables are and how fast I go through them. A lot of my problem is too much water in the air and until I can afford to build a bigger shop and get my air compressor in the same building as my machine I will have that problem. The nice thing is I live right across the road from Harbor Freight while I am student teaching so I literally go right across the road to get consumables. It is very convenient. :D
Why don't you just buy a good water trap & mount it in front of the one on your machine?

Fly

I have 4 filters, a water trap and I drain the tank all the time
Matt
Fly
  • Fly

mcoe wrote:I have 4 filters, a water trap and I drain the tank all the time
Well for what it is worth.I have been told the water trap needs to be mounted as
to the end of the air line, to let the compressed air cool.If you have a very short air
line, maybe a longer one would help.
Fly ;)
    Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:43 pm

I Have a Hypertherm PM45, I purchased this because they have excellent cut quality and consumable life. Chinese plasma are inverter power source but may lack in the torch and consumable area. This is relative to what you need to cut. I own harbor freight band saw and die grinders - but I use lennox blades and norton wheels so I get a cheap cost tool that cuts very good for my hobby use.
camshaft

I would like to buy a hypertherm but it's 600-700 more then a everlast. If I was using it commercially for daily operation then I could justify it.
But for a hobby 600-700 is a lot of consumables

Does anyone have contact for great everlast prices?

sparkness wrote:I Have a Hypertherm PM45, I purchased this because they have excellent cut quality and consumable life. Chinese plasma are inverter power source but may lack in the torch and consumable area. This is relative to what you need to cut. I own harbor freight band saw and die grinders - but I use lennox blades and norton wheels so I get a cheap cost tool that cuts very good for my hobby use.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

camshaft,
I've dealt directly with Oleg @ Everlast, USA and his number is 650-588-8588 but there might be a toll free number on their website. He seems very reasonable to deal with and there's a little room to negotiate on their prices.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

mcoe wrote:Ours came with the S45 torch. I really like it. The only complaint is how expensive the consumables are and how fast I go through them. A lot of my problem is too much water in the air and until I can afford to build a bigger shop and get my air compressor in the same building as my machine I will have that problem. The nice thing is I live right across the road from Harbor Freight while I am student teaching so I literally go right across the road to get consumables. It is very convenient. :D

Mathew!!!!!!

Where on earth are you buying those consumables????!!

Not from Everlast are you???
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0 ... sma&_frs=1
Buy them on eBay!!!!
There he exact same things!!!
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
camshaft

Thanks len

Well you can always use google voice to call toll free in North America

found this on another forum
Oleg Gladshteyn
Phone: 650 588 8082 / 877 755 WELD
Email: oleg@everlastwelders.com

M
Braehill wrote:camshaft,
I've dealt directly with Oleg @ Everlast, USA and his number is 650-588-8588 but there might be a toll free number on their website. He seems very reasonable to deal with and there's a little room to negotiate on their prices.

Len
Fly
  • Fly

Well I ended up buying a Loto 50 amp IGBT machine around $500.It seems to work very
well.A few things as cheap hose clamps & you must Teflon tape the fitting more to get
them to seal.There torch has been up graded from the ole ones.

I will post back in time to see how it does over time.I wanted a everlast, but there
IGBT machine was much more than I had allocated for a plasma cutter.

Fly :)
camshaft

I'm very interested Fly , where did you managed to pick it up ?

The best I could get from everlast was 800.00 with the 50 amp torch
Fly wrote:Well I ended up buying a Loto 50 amp IGBT machine around $500.It seems to work very
well.A few things as cheap hose clamps & you must Teflon tape the fitting more to get

I will post back in time to see how it does over time.I wanted a everlast, but there

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Fly wrote:Well I ended up buying a Loto 50 amp IGBT machine around $500.It seems to work very

Good luck my friend. :cry:
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Fly
  • Fly

camshaft wrote:I'm very interested Fly , where did you managed to pick it up ?

The best I could get from everlast was 800.00 with the 50 amp torch

Got it off Amazon with free shipping.It cut,s threw 3/8 steel like butter.I really like
the IGBT, for it is the only way to go, from what I have been told.http://www.amazon.com/LOTOS-LTP5000D-Pl ... B0052OX876 Fly :D
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

A thermal arc cut master 42 can be had for about a grand. Good machine. Have you considered used? That's how I got me ESAB 875. Paid $500 for it