Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
AFR_Autoworks
    Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 am

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (50.21 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Hello, my name is Roy.
I am from Alberta Canada. I am an auto technician by trade however the past few years I have found myself learning to Tig and enjoying every second of it! I would say that I am %100 self taught unless you count Instagram (I find myself bugging many of the great welders quite often on there) and tons of hours googling. Most of my work involves race car/ performance fabrication. This includes several roll cages, custom exhausts, intercoolers among other things. My newest venture is soon to be Titanium. I recently received a sample pack (courtesy of a company called Ticon Industries) that I hope to practice on.
Not that any of you will really care all that much but here are a few pictures of some of my latest work... All of us that take pride in our work love to share!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (54.87 KiB) Viewed 385 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (59.16 KiB) Viewed 385 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (53.97 KiB) Viewed 385 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (46.07 KiB) Viewed 385 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (34.12 KiB) Viewed 385 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (39.72 KiB) Viewed 385 times
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Roy,
Welcome to the forum.

Nice work on the parts. You have plenty of company here as an auto tech who enjoys welding and making parts.

Share your work, the only criticism you'll get here is when it's asked for. We all learn from each other here and leave our egos at the door. You'll probably find more pictures of problem welds here than the ones that go as planned. We're not here to judge, but to learn and to teach.

There are plenty of room to show off your welds in our "What I welded today" thread if you're so inclined. You're not limited to just using that thread, but it keeps it local and easy to find. Check it out.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of places to add input as well as ask questions. This is a treasure chest of expertise of all things welding and fabrication. We call it the "collective expert"

Enjoy

Len.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
AFR_Autoworks

Thank you! I am glad to be a part of the group. I figure it would be great to be able to ask questions directly to people rather then search engines. I am sure this will be great and I hope I can contribute as much as possible.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Okay,

That was a damn slick "lobster-back" transition out of that turbo. Those are a challenge to keep looking clean.

You'll find like minds and complete contrarians here, and I think you'll like it.

Welcome.

Steve S
lsufan15
    Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:35 am

Really nice work man!! its nice to see people who really take pride in what they do! Welcome to the forum, as I am a new member as well. Thanks for sharing the pics
AFR_Autoworks

Thank you all. Can't wait to learn! I thirst for knowledge haha