Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
TxDiveMedic
    Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Just registered, and instead of lurking, figured I would drop a line and say Hello. I found my way to the forums by way of the YouTube channel, so with the desire to continue learning, here I am. Got my first taste of Cutting/Welding while serving in the US Army, mostly Oxy/Acet burning, removal of barbwire coils from M1 Abrams sprockets, then in the 90's while working as a Commercial Diver both inland and in the Gulf of Mexico. Fast forward more than a decade, having worked as a Paramedic/Firefighter, now semi retired, Have moved back towards welding. While primarily for my own purposes out here in West Texas, it seems that once word gets out that your fusing metal together, everyone has something they need you to get done for them....

Thanks for everything that the Youtube channels have to offer, and thanks for the forum. I look forward to learning from one and all...
Miller Maxstar 150 STH
Millermatic 211
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, TxDiveMedic,

This is a nice neighborhood, where you could turn your kids loose (with a PG-13 rating...).

I give the same advice a lot; Give us a first name (or a made-up first name), so we can address you with something more natural to type.

You'll find almost everything here. Beginners, hobbyists, artists, boilermakers, aerospace retirees. The gamut is well represented, with one goal; Sharing what we've learned with each other.

Steve S
TxDiveMedic

Thanks for the welcome. My name is Bruce.... Good to meet you guys.
Miller Maxstar 150 STH
Millermatic 211
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Then, welcome, Bruce!

Jody, the founder of our feast, does not participate here much (He said he wanted this forum to grow into it's own entity, rather than being "Jody says..."), and I agree with his reasoning, but we can get him to comment here if we're having trouble working out an answer to someone's issue.

Feel free to ask anything, regardless of how "silly" you may think it sounds. It's often the "silly" stuff that catches us off guard, even the most experienced among us. Also, asking the basic questions makes us rethink the issue. This has helped me correct bad habits I didn't even realize I'd learned.

Steve S
TxDiveMedic

I appreciate it. Working inshore and offshore I was always taught that the only stupid question is the question that wasn't asked.

Take care.
Miller Maxstar 150 STH
Millermatic 211
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Welcome, TX! Feel free to ask what ever ... if you look at other posts, you see questions run from very 'advanced' to noobs asking advice about how to do something in their welding class!
Gary
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Hello TxDiveMedic, Funny how much you get to learn in the military. I was a 52D in the 4th ID .
Welcome to the forum .
Hollywood1
    Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:05 am

Welcome to the forum where there are lots of useful tips. John