Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Buzzweld
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:49 am

Hi all, I have been following jodie and the crew for awhile on youtube and love the videos and website. Went and purchased a mig, tig and a couple of secondhand stick welders. New to welding but am loving having a go as I am near 48 and have never tried it before. Look foward to reading up on posts and getting info on my new (sport). Buzz.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Buzz,
Welcome to the forum!! We would love to see pics of your progress as time goes by!
-Jonathan
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome
certainly sounds like you jumped in with both feet.
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Tassie Dave
    Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:04 am

I am also a new member from OZ . I have been following Jody for a couple of years also and have bought disks, tig finger , a must have :roll: Tig finger has saved my bacon several times, alloy does get hot!!!!!
I have been welding for over forty years on stick only . Well until a couple of years ago when i bought a mig. From there i went on to get a bigger machine that does ACDC tig, stick. Also has a plasma function, not tried that one yet.
My stick welding is up there but mig and tig have a little way to go.
The mig is gassless as well. Not by choice but $ . Gas down here is like Gold. :evil:
I have an
Esab LHQ 150
Pro Weld TC256 ACDC multi process Tig Cut MMA
WeldSmart Mig 200IGBT Mig Tig MMA and spool gun

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Welcome Aussies. I'm from Bendigo Vic myself. 15 years in the trade.

Mick
Tassie Dave

Hi Mike,
Good to hear from another Aussie mate. Gas is so deer down in Australia mate. Whats it like in Bendigo , by the way i went through Bendigo once or twice but that was a couple of years plus ago now.
I have an
Esab LHQ 150

Buzzweld

Thank you all for the welcome. Yes I think I have jumped in with both feet. I am in the central highlands in tas dave. I bought a unimig kmm 180 mig which I am running with fluxcore to get the feeling of to start with. Staight off the bat it was into jodies vids because I was thinking I suck at this. Found a video where he shows how to set the polarity (negative to the power block). Still getting some gorilla welds but seat time will hopefully fix that. Yes gas is dear here dave and then they make you pay rent on the bottles (daylight robbery). Im not on the grid up here and the generator takes 3 litres/hour so have to watch the budget, but im loving it. So thanks all for the welcome and yes I will post some pics of my progress not matter how butt ugly they are. Like they say, you are never to old to learn and you have to start somewhere. Cheers all. Buzz.

Hey guys.

Bendigo is nice enough. Stable work for me, so here I stays. (Not many new jobs though. )

I'm considering a 2.2 litre disposable gas kit, or our local plumbing supply has "buy your own gas cylinders " now so I'm looking into that too.

Mick
Buzzweld

Hi mick. I bought a chinese ac dc tig from ebay. Havent used it yet and I got a 1 litre bottle of argon from repco. Cant buy our own bottles down here because boc etc... have the market wrapped up and legislation about bottles being pressure tested. An E size bottle is about $18 a month to rent which is not so bad. 75/25 ar co2 is about $56 to refill with straight ar at about $80 odd. Im still on the steep learning curve but would eventually like to knock out an aluminium toolbox or shooting dog box or two, and maybe a trailer if I get the $$together. One thing I have found is that our local nubco sells inch by inch rhs for $24a lenght of 6.5 metres and bluescope steel (read bhp) on the same street sell it for $15. Shows me that I have to shop about.

Its all over the shop hey, I don't buy any new steel, make do with scrap from the local merchant. As for the gas, its all about research. Find out what is out there, and shop around. The joint I was talking about was Cameron's plumbing. Don't know if they sare in Tassie. You can buy bigger 2 litre disposable gas cylinders off ebay. 90 odd bucks with the special regulator.

Mick.
Tassie Dave

Hi Guys,
I used to get the 1 ltd bottles of Argon and whoosh gone in a flash just like the cash. The price of everything down under seems to be a lot higher than elsewhere. Must be our cost of living standards i feel.
I went on Ebay and bought a refillable gas bottle. Not cheap as postage costs me $27.00. :shock:
The supplier is in Sydney and if i was up there i could just pop in and get the gas bottle exchanged. I am wondering if there is somewhere down in Tas where a similar deal can be struck. I live on the North west coastal area.
I have mains power so i guess i am luckier than some others.
I have an
Esab LHQ 150