Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
knight500
    Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:39 pm

I've been welding here and there for years at the home hobby level. I started with an oxy acetylene torch and an old Lincoln "buzz box stick welder". I hated that buzz box but it was all I had. I bought a Millermatic 185 mig to replace the Lincoln about 15 years ago and last year purchased a Miller Diversion 165 Tig. I weld lots of things (mostly mild steel) but what I would like to improve on the most is welding of exhaust pipe material for motorcycles in both mild steel and stainless. I might even try titanium some day if my budget allows.

I just want to thank you guys for providing all this info and a forum so that guys like me can ask questions and get loads of helpfull info that get us on the right track instead of constantly scratching our heads and not getting anywhere with problems that might arise.

Cheers,
Robert
88MOOSE88
    Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 am

Hi welcome mate,

I'm new myself, just getting started using the forum.

Thanks for contributing
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Robert,

This forum is, for many of us, both a second hobby, and a neverending fount of knowledge.

The few hundred active members, from beginner to retired career welder, make us what we are. There's an answer to most questions, and when there's NOT an answer, there's five or so people trying to FIND the answer, because we all want to know the answer. 8-)

Steve S
bdecker
    Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:16 pm

Love to know how many of us learned to weld on one of those old Lincoln buzz boxes.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I did...

My first welds were on a 225 Lincoln AC, with 1/8" 6013 rod.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Robert.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200