Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
jcvweldinspect
    Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 pm

I am from northern WI and I started welding right out of high school at a votech then went into the army as a welder and mechanic. I worked in the copper mines in the UP of michigan, and walked Irons for around 7 years then went to work for a large fleet company welding, while still remaining in the Army reserve, and National Guard. I finished my military life after almost 20 years with my last trip to Iraq for 1 year were I welded every thing that got blown up. Welding in 150 degree heat in Iraq and lugging around 85lbs of gear can change a persons perspective of a hard days work(16 hour shifts). Now I instruct for a community college, and consult for some companies in the area. It has been a great ride so far and I wouldn't change a thing. An old timer said it best to me "if you always want to have work become a good welder"
jcvweldinspect
CWI/CWE
48dodger
    Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:25 am

I'm new here myself but REALLY enjoyed reading your welding bio.....!

Welcome! And I look forward to hearing more of your stories and take on the welding world.

48D
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

jcvweldinspect,
Welcome to the forum!
-Jonathan
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Welcome to the site from a "neighbor" in Bemidji :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean about the heat. Our son spent a year in Iraq working on those blown up vehicles.
Rtaylor777
    Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. I wish I knew an instructor in my area. The local college said they weren't running the welding course this year because the government said there were too many welders. :)
I use a Multiplaz 3500 welder/cutter https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en# ... iplaz-3500
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200