Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
jeffw
    Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi. I'm a retired engineer, and welding, machinist and engine work are my main hobbies. Husband of 48 years, father, grandfather. I first did a fair amount of oxyacetylene welding many years ago to hopefully learn some hand/eye coordination, to ultimately end up with a TIG unit. After oxy, I bought a miller AC/DC to learn stick, and ultimately bought regulator/torch to do scratch DC TIG. Then, about 4 years ago, I bought a LIncoln Precision TIG 235 which I really like, and use 90 % for TIG. MIG might be nice, but we can't all own everything. I'm very happy with TIG.
Early on did a I fair amount TIG weld practice, and moved on to engine rebuild. After complete rebuild of 454 BBC for hot rod (beautious yellow with polished aluminum and chrome everywhere) am completing TIG welded engine stand, with radiator, control panel, to run in engine. Engine, with Muncie four speed is now sitting in almost done engine stand. I need to finish with minor brackets, electrical wiring. I guess I wanted something done, to go out and run once in awhile, while I am welding up the hot rod frame/suspension I designed. The frame and completed car could take some time, but the journey's to me the most important part.
That's it. I'll be posting questions to facilitate getting past occasional problem areas. I'm a dedicated Jody Collier fan, watch all his videos. I have OK hands, but not super steady, so getting good setup positions before welding are critical to me.
That's about it. Looking forward to the forum. Jeff
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Jeff, welcome to the Forum....
good to have you with us. :D
John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
davidally
    Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:05 am

Hi Jeff,
First of all welcome to this forum community. I am so pleased to participate in this discussion. Hope, in this community, you will get information that will be helpful for your business.

Good luck!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Jeff.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site Jeff. You're right, sometimes it's not the destination but the trip that counts. ;)
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Jeff!

With your background and range of experience, don't be surprised if you find yourself answering as many questions as you ask. One of the things that makes this forum stand out is the incredible knowledge base and range of experiences. Jody occasionally joins in, as well. If there's a question that can't be answered confidently, several of us will be interested enough to research it and find the answer.

I've had more jobs than I can count on all my digits, because when I run out of things the job can teach me, I move on. As you said, it's all about the journey (since we all share the same ultimate destination...). I've finally found a job where I doubt I'll ever run out of new things to learn, and I found Jody and this place a few years ago, as well. If I'm not learning, I'm not happy, and this is a happy place.

Steve S
jeffw
    Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome, very much. Have received posts from Alaska to Germany in just one day. Posted a TIG question about thin wall square tube to thicker plate, already had many suggestions I've used, and ready to move ahead. Thanks again.
Jeff