Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
FJ RB25
    Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi all
I am new to the forum so wanted to introduce myself.

I live in Perth Western Australia, heavy duty plant Mechanic by trade ( work on Earthmoving equipment diesel mechanic in the mining industry for 20 years)

I have played around with mig, stick, oxy acetylene, and arc air for years but have never needed to use a Tig welder and have always been told that it's really really hard to use.

After speaking to some friends who have experience with Tig I have been convinced that it's really not too different from oxy acetylene welding which I can do easy so I'm going to give Tig a go.

The reason I am wanting to learn how to use a Tig is for a number of reasons.
I'm into my hot rods and have a need to manufacture induction pipes, rust repairs and have a custom steam pipe manifold to construct

also I have a Stainless Steel hand rail that I need to construct around a high wall so my kids don't hurt themselves.

So like any journey it starts with the first step and I am looking forward learning something new.

All the best

FJ RB 25
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

welcome to the Forum....
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
coldman
  • coldman

Welcome FJ.
Stay cool man.
FJ RB25

Cool now

Different story on the weekend when it was 44 deg c
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome FJ! You won;t have any trouble picking up Tig having used oxy in the past. You'll just have better control. :)
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum F J RB25.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
FJ RB25

Thank you for the welcome guys

I am really looking forward to learning this new skill and should be getting my new Tig on Thursday next week.

The Tig I am getting isn't an expensive one but should be good enough for the turbo manifold, sump modifications and induction pipe for my project.
After a lot of practice that is

Cheers
davidally
    Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:05 am

Hi FJ,
First of all Welcome to WeldingTipsAndTricks Forum community. I am also newly join member. Myself David, I am from CA, USA. I am also pleased to participate in this forum discussion. In this community, you can easily get the information, what do you want and also learn new thing that will be helpful for your business.

Good luck!
David