Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Suckback
    Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:44 am

Hey I'm Danny, been a pipe welder for 12 years now,
I'm always looking to learn new tricks and improve my knowledge
In welding. I'm looking forward to reading all the different threads
People have started. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Danny
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Danny welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Jared
    Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi Danny....go to have another Brit here ..
Murex 353is TransTig
Esab Aristo Mig 4001i Pulse
Murex 406s Transmig
Suckback

Hey Jared

Nice to meet you! Always good to speak to fello Brits. Where about's you from?
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Suckback wrote:Hey I'm Danny, been a pipe welder for 12 years now,

Danny
danny, your post makes a nice change from the "i'm a new guy what machine/shield/stinger/boots/rods should i buy" with all respect to the ng's. i'm dying to hear how you guy's weld pipe over there!! is it true you don't use 6010? how about downhand pipe welding (vert. down) is it common in the uk? i seen pics of beautiful pipe joints using 6013- what do you use? sorry for the interrogation but i love to see what the other guy is up to. pictures we need lots of pics! btw, welcome.
Jared
    Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Down on the south coast between Brighton and Portsmouth Danny....small town called Littlehampton. .
Murex 353is TransTig
Esab Aristo Mig 4001i Pulse
Murex 406s Transmig
Suckback

jwmacawful wrote:
Suckback wrote:Hey I'm Danny, been a pipe welder for 12 years now,

Danny
danny, your post makes a nice change from the "i'm a new guy what machine/shield/stinger/boots/rods should i buy" with all respect to the ng's. i'm dying to hear how you guy's weld pipe over there!! is it true you don't use 6010? how about downhand pipe welding (vert. down) is it common in the uk? i seen pics of beautiful pipe joints using 6013- what do you use? sorry for the interrogation but i love to see what the other guy is up to. pictures we need lots of pics! btw, welcome.
Hey jwmacaful
Nice to hear from you, well I'll start with no it is not true that we don't use 6010, if I don't tig the root I tend to use 6011
rods made by ESAB, they are called Nu5's. Have you heard of these? I have never used them vertical down, the only time I have seen them being use in vertical down position was by an American guy who was working for us, it was kind of fround upon to my work colleagues. So in answer to your question I would say in my experience they are not a commonly used in the vert down position. However like you mentioned about 6013's these are the rods I use to fill and cap some of my welds. I'll post some pics I have on my phone. I'll start taking a lot more now I have joined on the forum.

Danny
8" sch 40 tig root
8" sch 40 tig root
image.jpg (47.99 KiB) Viewed 906 times
6013 cap
6013 cap
image.jpg (65.87 KiB) Viewed 906 times
Finished spool
Finished spool
image.jpg (44.29 KiB) Viewed 906 times
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

nice looking work danny. what kind of piping is that? we use 6011 here. sometimes on ac.
Suckback

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I think that pipe was being installed in a waste water treatment facility. I work in a fab shop and just get given drawings of what needs to be fabricated. It doesn't always say where it's for.

Danny