Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Charles
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:57 am

Hello gents,

My name's Chuck. I've been watching Jody's videos for quite a while now and figured it was high time to join the growing community and wealth of knowledge that you folks have on here. I'm a hobbyist with a primary interest in motorsports and have been (mig) welding for a few years now. I'm an engineer during the day and like to get my hands dirty at night under the car turning wrenches and messing around in the garage in general. I've done a mixture of body work with some other heavier jobs thrown in here and there, finally starting to get comfortable behind the gun but still a long ways to go. I'm here primarily though to learn more about TIG welding as I have a motor swap project coming up that I'll be building a full stainless exhaust for, headers and all along with motor and transmission mounts.

I figured I'd offer up a few pics of one of my latest projects - hotrodding a HF bead roller.

Spring return mechanism for the upper shaft. Please excuse the booger weld on top, it seems that I found the max capacity for my little Hobart welder on this project.

Weld sample on one of the weld nuts for the feet:

I plan on eventually powering it with a footswitch and all that but I haven't had time to get to it just yet. Anyway, I'm humbled with the opportunity to learn from you folks and hope to one day be able to contribute back to the community. Nice to e-meet you all.

Chuck
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome on, Chuck!

The experience range here is very broad. We're not like some dedicated sites I play on, where you're not welcome if you don't weld pipe, for example. Here, anyone and everyone will do his best to help you find the answer to any question along the way.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Chuck.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200