Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
MK2MR2
    Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:31 am

Hello all!

First time posting and also learning how to weld, I have read a tremendous amount of information on it and I picked up an Ironton 125 Flux Core machine and some Lincoln .035 wire from Northern Tools to get started with. I'm a big car enthusiast, but don't plan on using these skills on anything car related for quite some time. Just a hobby for now.

There is a local company, WeldComm, that has a free weekly welding class that I plan on attending as well. Hopefully you won't be getting a lot of newb questions from me, but some can't be helped. I plan on attending FabTech here in Vegas, just to get my eyes on some cool tech!

Luis
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome, Luis! Free welding class, jump on it! Their website says Thursday nights, 6 - 10, and here it is Thursday!

Newbie questions welcome, fire away. Better to ask than go on a wild goose chase.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome to the forum.
if you don't ask the questions you'll never
get the answer.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Luis,

We have people at every level here, from master craftsmen to "I plugged it in. Now what?" and every question gets treated with the same respect. I firmly believe there are no stupid questions, but that does not stop me from the occasional stupid answer... :roll:

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Luis, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
MK2MR2
    Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:31 am

Thanks all! Been playing around with the machine and varying levels of thickness in the material. I'll be posting in the MIG forum to see how my welds are doing and for any tips you can give me. This is a lot of fun, I can imagine how much more fun it would be with a Gas MIG setup...that is my next step after I give this little machine a run for its money :D