Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
brucepts
    Sat May 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Hobbyist welder in PA learning Tig, have played with Mig for many years for my own enjoyment, avid machinist but that doesn't apply here thanks for having me :)

Bruce
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Bruce,

If you'll look through the "Metal Cutting" section, you'll find many well-equipped machinists, and their projects. It's all part of the metal arts...

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Bruce.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

Welcome...and a machinist is a very valuable edition!
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Where in Pa. are you from?
brucepts

rahtreelimbs wrote:Where in Pa. are you from?
Lancaster County

brucepts wrote:
rahtreelimbs wrote:Where in Pa. are you from?
Lancaster County
My father is buried near Annville, in Cleona, about 100 yards from the house he was born in. I still have family in Palmyra and Elizabethtown.

I had the privilege of working two jobs there, over two summers, and getting to visit the last of my dad's immediate family while they still lived.

Steve S
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

Good old Lancaster right off 501 Lititz Pike! I wrote some custom Fisher Porter loop controller code for the LP cold storage facility in the little town of Schaefferstown <sp?>. Went out there for start up and gained weight. Used to eat breakfast at the Sunshine Cafe in Lititz (owners daughter was smoking hot). Eat dinner at Chuckles and some really nice restaurant that used to be a stable in the 1700's or something, can't remember the name but food was out of this world, shrimp cocktail the size of lobsters.
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla

Oh, yeah, I ate good in PA. Any self-respecting restaurant had the good sense to buy fresh local meat and produce from the large Amish population. Even something as simple as a BLT was a fabulous thing with local everything on fresh from the oven bread. I have no idea how McDonald's can survive in that environment, beyond the sheer ignorance of the masses.

And don't get me started on the local beers...

Steve S
brucepts

You guys are making me hungry! :mrgreen: