Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Hello everyone, greetings from London Ontario. I am a hobbyist welder and I primarily work on projects related to a formula SAE race car my friends and I build. Formula SAE is a cool competition for engineering (or other) university and college students. Each year we design, build, and race a small open wheel style race car.
Most of the work I do is on steel (our chassis is 4130 cromoly tubing) and aluminium (6061 for most of the non-structural parts we use). I will be making a thread in the welding section outlining a specific question I have pertaining to welding 4130 to 4140. I have used jody's videos to learn a ton and I really appreciate the service he provides to us.
Western Formula Racing
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Welcome to the show,

We have lots of racing enthusiasts here, no doubt you with find a answer to any questions you may have. BTW hows the loco factory going up there? Is it EMD?

Mick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
gnuuser
    Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:10 pm

if you’ve' never welded with a tig before heres a tip from an old torch monkey
learn to fusion weld with an oxy/acetylene welding torch first.
its easier than you might think. and once you get the hang of puddle manipulation with a torch you will be right at home at a tig (with a little instruction)

Im not good enough to tig weld a gum wrapper yet but aluminium as this as lightweight soda cans are no problem for me
shooting the $#!t is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (more splatter);)