Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Tokoroa_Welder
    Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:13 am

Hey guys.

The names Jesse. 23 years old from a little town at the bottom of the globe in Nee Zealand.
I have a little bit of experience with welding, but just recently signed up to a year long course for welding and fabrication. Looking to get into Sanitary welding for the dairy industry as there is a lot of new farmland around my town.

Have already watched most of The weldingtipsandtricks.com videos on YouTube, and I look forward to learning a lot more.
    Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:32 am

Hi,
dairy industry... miles of pipes, tons of flanges, tanks, hoppers and valves... nice and shiny SS. It's good handy job and well paid. But unfortunately needs the skill. You gonna get there with these experienced lads here.
Welcome to the forum.
Slawkos
Slawkos
Troy Boy 72
    Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:22 pm

Hey g'day Jesse , welcome to the forum I'm just round the corner from ya in Queensland Aust I've learnt heaps from the vids and here as well, these guys are really helpful . Have fun !!
Tokoroa_Welder

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys. Already read a lot on here. And there's plenty more left to read.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Jesse.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
MickStephens
    Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Welcome aboard Jesse, I'm also extremely new here and have yet to start my Welding short course (6 weeks)

Good to see a young bloke taking opportunities. Good luck mate.
Tokoroa_Welder

Thanks. Good luck on your course too.
This is the one I am doing.

https://www.waiariki.ac.nz/study-option ... abrication
And going to do the SS elective.
    Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:21 am

Hi Jesse
Welcome to the Forum, I am in Ngongotaha, Rotorua.
Look forward to hearing how you enjoy the course.
Regards
Ralph
Tokoroa_Welder

Was wondering if there were any other kiwis on here :-)
Nice place Rotorua. I'll actually be over there this Wednesday. Lol
Drunken Moose
    Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:53 am

Just noticed your name, have a friend on a distilling forum from Tokaroa. Student here myself with only a couple months left to go in my course here in Canada. Looked at your course and seems very similar. Best advice from on student to another: put the time in behind the stick. If you get frustrated, take a short breather and get back at 'er. And if it ain't working, don't keep doing it that way (while debatable who first said it, the saying holds true "the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.").

Wish you the best of luck in your course and hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
Tokoroa_Welder

Drunken Moose wrote:Just noticed your name, have a friend on a distilling forum from Tokaroa. Student here myself with only a couple months left to go in my course here in Canada. Looked at your course and seems very similar. Best advice from on student to another: put the time in behind the stick. If you get frustrated, take a short breather and get back at 'er. And if it ain't working, don't keep doing it that way (while debatable who first said it, the saying holds true "the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.").

Wish you the best of luck in your course and hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
I'd be willing to bet that's me. Haha. ( swap out Welder in my name) lol. Good luck with the end of your course MM ;-)
Drunken Moose

You caught me ;)

Good for you! You should have no problems at all in your course. Perhaps I'll have to visit NZ in the future since I now know somebody at the same level in two areas of interest. The patience you already learned will definitely serve well also. And welding is just as addicting! Keep me posted on your progress as well. Glad to see you here. Jody's videos are a great tool for students, and out of anything on the web, are ones my instructor actually recommended. Is blueprinting a course also available for you or covered as well? It's a great asset, and compulsory for us, along with a basic metallurgy course (which also really helps understanding the "why" and "how" of everything). Good Luck TS!
Tokoroa_Welder

Haha.
These are the courses that we do. ImageImage
I would have loved to do the SS option, but unfortunately we weren't able to choose.

Yea NZ is a beautiful place to visit. Tokoroa is a bit of a hole. But it's central to all the nice places. :-) lol
Tokoroa_Welder

ImageImage
Got some gear for my course that starts Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drunken Moose

Getting excited yet? Nice start on some gear. But like our other hobby, the spending never ends lol.
Tokoroa_Welder

Haha. Yep. Starts tomorrow. Lol.
Yea that's true, although I'm stuck there, and nothing left. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drunken Moose

How are you enjoying your course? Haven't seen you around the other board much (i know all too well, school gets in the way of that hobby). Passed my CWB all position stick S class (with backing bar). Damn that feels good. We are now doing GMAW with a little of it all . . . short circuit, spray, globule, pulsed. Soon to be doing some TIG as well. Hope you are enjoying it just as much!