Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Elmo4895
    Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:54 pm

I am from Mississippi. I am 67. I recently accuired a miller 180 autoset and am learning how to use it.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome, Elmo4895! I hope you're liking the new machine. Have you seen Jody's "intro to MIG" videos?
http://welding-tv.com/category/mig-welding/
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Cudos to you sir. Learning a new skill at 67 as well as participating in an internet forum.

I know people more junior than yourself who refuse to touch a computer.

Mick
Elmo4895

Artie I watched five of his mig videos on you tube and my beads improved 100%. Those videos where you can see the puddle are great!
Mike my years have been spent working on electronic stuff. I have been into computers since they were available for home use. I don't build them anymore though.
I really like the miller 180. It had flux core wire in it when I got it, a new 10 pound spool . I have changed to c25 and solid wire so I could weld thin steel, 15 and 16 gauge I am building some doors for the shop that I am building withthe frames of 14 gauge 1 1/2" tubing and fastening 1/2" plywood for the skin.

Thanks guys for the welcome!
Elmo
P. S.
I hosted a computer bulletin board before the Internet!
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

Good to hear Elmo, you have 2 years on me, but is still feels good to make things!
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

My apologies, I shouldn't akin age to lack of life skills. I'm glad you like the welder though.

Mick
    Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:My apologies, I shouldn't akin age to lack of life skills. I'm glad you like the welder though.

Mick
You are just at the wrong end of the spectrum.... it's the young ones who haven't been on the planet long enough to develop very many "life skills"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Glen
Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45 - Hobart Handler 150
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Elmo welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Elmo4895

Glen keep on keeping on. I live to build stuff of all kinds! I have seen a lot of guys who just quit doing anything when they retired and most don't live long sitting down. :shock:
Elmo