Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
eric325
    Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:05 pm

hello everyone im a 3rd year apprentice out of local 267 Syracuse ny
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome aboard Eric. Glad you found us. Sooooo, what's up with the white flags going up out there?
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Eric.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welome, Eric!
Fat Bob wrote:Welcome aboard Eric. Glad you found us. Sooooo, what's up with the white flags going up out there?

That's some ingenuity, in fact. I have no idea what the statement is supposed to be, but for someone to scale the most protected/surveilled landmark in the city and swap two flags without getting caught is either brilliant or scary.

Steve S
eric325

thanks everyone...I actually have been watching a lot of jodys videos to get some advice on how to pass my 6g stick test it helped a lot and I passed...then I was looking around on the website and saw the forum thought it would be a good idea to join since im a beginner and I think its great that there are a lot of professionals on here to give me plenty of advice...and I have no idea about the white flags
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

eric325

Oh I see...yea I'm from upstate New York I had not a clue about white flags but that is interesting

Eric, to reassure, we don't have any political discussion here. This "white flag" thing was just an anomoly that got everyone's attention.

So, again, welcome!

As a third year apprentice, you won't just be asking questions; You'll be able to answer some, as we often get questions about taking the union path versus working non-union. (I believe the term is "rat" :lol: )

Steve S
eric325

No problem...and yes scab or a rat are the terms haha...I'll be honest I do like union because before I got in I never welded a day in my life and I think if I was to start welding non union I wouldn't be as far as I am today they probably would have had me doing a lot of grinding shearing before I even touched a torch stinger or mig gun...I just believe they give you the tools you need to be successful in your career and I think there are good non union outfits that do really good work

eric325 wrote:No problem...and yes scab or a rat are the terms haha...I'll be honest I do like union because before I got in I never welded a day in my life and I think if I was to start welding non union I wouldn't be as far as I am today they probably would have had me doing a lot of grinding shearing before I even touched a torch stinger or mig gun...I just believe they give you the tools you need to be successful in your career and I think there are good non union outfits that do really good work
That's a great attitude. You'll meet people here who are completely self-taught, or taught in a very informal setting, as well as other union-trained hands.

We have it all, from industrial and aerospace to arts and crafts, and everthing you can imagine in between the two.

Steve S