Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
88MOOSE88
    Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 am

Hi, I'm a new member on this forum.

I'm looking forward to using the forum and communicating with fellow tradesmen. And a thanks to the person who started it.

Well, I live in Lincolnshire in the uk an work on the Humber bank, I am currently an pipe welder apprentice at a local company, I'm a second year apprentice and mainly weld stainless steel schedule 10 pipe.

I currently passed my 2 inch stainless steel schedule 10 6g test (full tig) and 1 1/2 inch schedule 80 carbon steel 6g (full tig) but I want to improve my skills further.

The company where I work does all kinds of welding and fabricates pipe systems for local chemical plants mainly in stainless steel.

The machine I use is a esab 3000i ac/dc tig and stick welder. I use a large bore gas lens with all my work.

I appreciate any replies

Thanks

Brandon "moose"
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Hey Brandon welcome to WT&T!! Always room for one more around here. Being from the US and having never been to the UK what is the Humber Bank?
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

88MOOSE88
    Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 am

Hi, thanks for the reply

The Humber bank is a part of a big industrial area in Lincolnshire, some sites are conoco Phillips and lindsey oil refinery, crystal chemicals, British petroleum salt end, synthomer chemicals, arkema resins, british oxygen company, novartis and a few natural gas power stations.

Thanks
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Brandon,

There are many places to get the kind of information you're after, but most of them you have to pry it from, like a pearl from a large, angry oyster. Hmm... didn't visualize that metaphor until I typed it... :roll:

Our little corner of the internet is based on freely sharing what did, and perhaps more importanly what didn't work, and why.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Brandon.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200