Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
braderfitter
    Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi to everyone out there. I am new to this forum so i am very excited read all the exciting post and get some good advices from you guys since here onboard there is no fix job it is always different everyday

Ariel
Ariel
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Ariel!

I think this is a first... a member who's location is "somewhere at sea"! I know a little about refits and drydock work, but I'll be interested to hear about day-to-day repair and maintenance on a working vessel.

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

braderfitter,
Welcome aboard! :D I would like to hear about your repairs as well.
-Jonathan
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like an interesting job.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Ariel.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome Aboard!!!

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
braderfitter
    Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:34 pm

we will be on drydock on roughly 2 weeks from now in Falkenberg Sweden it will be interesting. Though the major welding job will be done by the shipyard the ship's crew would do some of the minor jobs (well its not a minor job as I see it) like overhauling our 7500 hp main engine, that's our major concern.We will install a new cooling coils and heating coils for our HVAC, the foam line of our fixed firefighting equipments is in bad shape even though the pipes are stainless steel the foam and water mixture just ate it away. That are some of the jobs that are lined up for us but there will some surprises for sure during drydock. I will keep you posted during drydock.
Ariel