Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
nickwarner
    Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi guys, I'm Nick and new to this forum. I spent 10 years as a diesel/heavy equipment tech prior to this year when I decided to hang that up. In that field you end up doing a lot of repair and fabrication on things that are going to be abused with a lot of weight on them, so I became quite adept at welding. It was a logical choice to transition my skills into the welding field .
I work in WI at a bridge fabrication facility. We do very little with stick welding aside from tack welds, and almost everything we do is to fracture critical specifications. The main process we use is submerged arc welding (SAW), which I imagine a lot of you haven't seen as it was a new thing for me when I came here. There are a few vids of it on YouTube for those not familiar with it. Whenever I get a good camera I might make one myself so you can see it clearly. For all welds not in the flat position we use .052 dual-shield flux core.
Had a 500 lb. piece of C-channel land on my left foot on Dec 28, and am stuck on light duty sitting in the office til the doc gives me the go-ahead to get back out in the shop. So I happened to come across this site and thought I'd drop into the forum.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Nick.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

welcome to the forum Nick
Good to have you ;)
John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome Nick glad you "dropped" in! (sorry) :oops: Helpful bunch of folks here if you ever need it.
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.