Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
weeniewawa
    Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi. lurked here for a while and decided to join. Jody has been a lot of help so I thought I should join here.

I have an old Hobart Beta Mig 250 I got used about 10 years ago and the voltage selector has been broke for most of that time.the knob would just turn about half way each direction and seemed like something was broke in the voltage selector device or whatever it is called.

I contacted Hobart and they no longer make that part so I figured I would have to buy a new machine. I just got used to using it that way until a few months ago when I decided to open it up and see if I could fix it somehow. Imagine how stupid I felt when I saw it was just 2 of the 3 machine screws holding the knob to the voltage selector were missing. New screws and it is working like new but I have had to teach myself how to weld with a machine that you can adjust the voltage all over again. it is nice to be able to weld thin sheet metal again.

my current project is a flatbed for my old 64 GMC truck. I will probably build a utility/car trailer sometime in 2014
I am in Hanford Cal which is in the San Joaquin valley in california.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

I missed your name, ;)
But, Welcome to the Forum
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
weeniewawa

AKweldshop wrote:I missed your name, ;)
But, Welcome to the Forum
Tim

Welcome to the Forum Tim ;)

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

I've got me a newer HH 190, nicest little machine

That Beta Mig is one old welder :shock:

Nice you found a easy fix for it ;)

Good to have you with us

John :)

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
weeniewawa

thanks for the welcome.

it may be old but it still works good.

I have a Parweld torch on it and getting tips for that has been a challenge too, but found a place that had some and got 150 of them that should last a while
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the Forum Tim.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200