Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
UV Metal Arts
    Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Okay about me... I used to have a fab shop and a powder coating (PC) business in Chicago. The last two and a half years there my employees and I where making all of the custom metal furniture for Starbucks in the midwest. My PC business specialized in very high quality bicycle frame panting. My only formal education in metal working was throughout the United Bicycle Institute in Ashland Oregon, there I was taught how to silver and bronze braze as well as tig weld bicycle frames. After frame building I worked for a public art metal sculptor who cut his chops as a rough neck in the 80's and for a fab shop that was owned by a good friend. Before that I was the director, teacher and mechanic of a non-for profit youth eduction bicycle shop on the south side of Chicago. I sold my PC business and Starbucks related tooling and moved to Columbia MO where my wife got a tenured track position at the University of Missouri. I now work for a blacksmith/fabricator as an paid apprentice, as well as for a sculptor who works with bronze building very large public sculptures. I'm currently working out of a detached garage and restoring my 40 year old 6000 sq ft metal barn. I'm about to turn 40 with my second child on its way. I've been a fan of WTAT for about 2 years now. Finally joining the forum so I can share my documented build of a portable bandsaw table clamp. you can check it out here http://www.instructables.com/id/Keep-yo ... ortable-b/
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Welcome to the show. Im a cyclist and and a welder fabricator but havent connected the two.

Mick
UV Metal Arts

Hello, Mike
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum UV.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
UV Metal Arts