Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
wingnut40
    Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi, I have watched Jody for a while on UTube and really enjoy the videos.( I believe he really has his poop in a group).I started welding about 1956 with a110v suitcase welder from Sears Roebucks(second hand) mostly self taught,until a machinist in town took me under his wing and showed me some tricks so that I didn't have to bother him to do the things that he thought I could myself. We became friends until he passed away at 89,still working in his shop every day. I enjoy all types of welding,oxy-acet,tig,mig. Kent White taught me to gasweld aluminum,W/oxy-acet. I know I will learn a lot more on this site,and hope I might pass along something helpful THANKS.
BLF.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I've always been fascinated with oxy/fuel welding of aluminum.

Not the process... The history.

In WWII, our mothers and grandmothers came out of the kitchen, and built aluminum fuel tanks to A/N standards (among many other industrial trades).

It was the real awakening for women's rights, the ability to perform equal work at a time when women were supposed to be quiet, barefoot, pregnant, and have a stew on the stove.

Steve S
deebs
    Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:47 pm

wingnut40 wrote:Hi, I have watched Jody for a while on UTube and really enjoy the videos.( I believe he really has his poop in a group).I started welding about 1956 with a110v suitcase welder from Sears Roebucks(second hand) mostly self taught,until a machinist in town took me under his wing and showed me some tricks so that I didn't have to bother him to do the things that he thought I could myself. We became friends until he passed away at 89,still working in his shop every day. I enjoy all types of welding,oxy-acet,tig,mig. Kent White taught me to gasweld aluminum,W/oxy-acet. I know I will learn a lot more on this site,and hope I might pass along something helpful THANKS.

Wow... you have a great background... wish I could burn some metal with you! I am starting in this late in life, 59 pushing 60. But in the Ham radio hobby we all have a mentor that we refer to as an "Elmer". Sounds like you had a great Elmer and I do hate to hear of a good man passing.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
JDIGGS82
    Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:46 pm

welcome to the forum