Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I am Rick but you can call me Lax or Jax. I got those nicknames from those old videogames that we played on arcade machines as kids and the nicknames kind of stuck around.

I love welding and I would feel free to say that I am an intermediate welder.

Currently, I own a Forney 324 Multi processing unit and an old Hobart machine.

I weld stuff around my garage, for my work and for the other guys in the neighborhood when it is needed.

How did you all got into welding?
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

well my nickname comes from forever tinkering with things to make them go faster/better. i'll just tweak it a bit.
only got into welding fairly recently because never got taught it at school (there is a horrible story about that) and never had room etc untill i bought a house. finally mortgage is down enough that i an afford a few toys for the workshop.
tweak it until it breaks
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi Jax, from Pennsylvania. You have entered into the land of some of the finest folks who are more than willing to help with information. All you have to do is ask. I believe that I can honestly blame my kid brother and retirement for my entering the welding scene.

Hi Tweake and BillE.Dee

Thanks for your warm welcome and I hope to see you guys more around the forum :)

Thanks for sharing your stories of how you got into welding. Which welders do you own and which welding process do you like the most?
tweake

Lax.Jax wrote:Hi Tweake and BillE.Dee

Thanks for your warm welcome and I hope to see you guys more around the forum :)

Thanks for sharing your stories of how you got into welding. Which welders do you own and which welding process do you like the most?
this is starting to sound like an interview :lol:

i have stick, mig and ac/dc tig machines.
tig i have used the most so far. while i like it a lot it also produces the most swear words.
stick i also like a lot.
mig not so much. it works, gets the job done. i just havn't used it much as most of the stuff i have been doing is either aluminium or stainless.
tweak it until it breaks
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

Welcome Jax!
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

hey tweake, you're right about tig making for the most swear words...I never knew there were 6 letter words with 16 syllables until I got going with this tig stuff.

tweake wrote:
Lax.Jax wrote:Hi Tweake and BillE.Dee

this is starting to sound like an interview :lol:

i have stick, mig and ac/dc tig machines.
tig i have used the most so far. while i like it a lot it also produces the most swear words.
stick i also like a lot.
mig not so much. it works, gets the job done. i just havn't used it much as most of the stuff i have been doing is either aluminium or stainless.
Hahahahah I must agree with you completely about the TIG :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing. You sound like someone with a lot of experience and a well formed welding garage :D
tweake

Lax.Jax wrote:
Hahahahah I must agree with you completely about the TIG :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing. You sound like someone with a lot of experience and a well formed welding garage :D
not much experience i'm afraid. i'm fairly late into the game.
actually thats one issue i have, i tend to do a wide variety of small jobs. so i just don't get much hood time on one particular thing and don't always have spare material for practise. that gets to be a challange.

garage is slowly getting there. its pretty crude and basic.
tweak it until it breaks