Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Agonyandxtasy
    Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:28 am

Complete beginner from Las Vegas. Attempting to teach myself to weld. Always wanted to know how just never got the chance to actually do it. I picked up a Craftsman 135 Flux Core welder to get started. I have since taken an interest in TIG. I then picked up a Craftsman Digi-Lite Arc 85i Stick welder along with a Metal Man ACTT1 TIG Torch and a Forney regulator. I will be picking up a bottle of Argon this weekend hopefully. Thought I would check around on a forum and see what I can learn before I dive in.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Welcome. Clean your metal really well when TIG welding. It isn’t tolerable like Flux or Stick of mill scale or rust. The rest comes easy... :shock:
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Welcome, I too have just joined here, I am not new to welding but always looking to learn more.
I would say start at the bottom and learn your stick welding first, then move on to Mig and Tig, have to crawl before you walk, just a thought.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Do it Right Today!
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Welcome to the forum. Not to be a downer, but that machine is not a great choice. You are not going to TIG anything more than sheet metal with that welder really. output is 75 amps at a 20% duty cycle. if you try to start out on say 10 gauge/0.125 inch material, it won't have enough juice and you will struggle. On thinner metal, the risk of burn through is higher...I am worried that maybe you are sabotaging yourself with that machine.
Multimatic 255