General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
ifit
  • ifit
    Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:15 am

Hey everyone, how's it! I was thinking about getting some helium just to mess around with & I freaked out on the refill prices out here (I live on Guam, a US territory). $566 for 300 cf & about 300+ for the small bottle. Just curious, how much is it out in your area? Have a good one.
Bill
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

:shock: Thats unreal...I don't know about pure helium but a 125 cu.ft trimix is $145 south of Chicago....I would bet helium would be around 180 at least...300cf would probably be 300+
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
newschoppafowah
    Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:54 pm

A year or so ago I asked my LWS guy out of curiosity, he said "you don't even want to know".

I asked again about two months ago and I forget the exact number, it was around 300 bucks for one of those knee high bottles with no DOT cap (I think those are around 20-40 cf?)

My details leave a lot to be desired. :lol:

Thankfully I deal mostly with the 300cf argon tanks. Keeps it simple for me.

On a side note I have noticed baloons in the party / candy / flower section of the stores are back to being full of helium on a string instead of on a stick as they have been for the last few years, so it must be getting cheaper.

This is in Phoenix, BTW.
Sent from an earthen ditch outside Needles, CA using an awful lot of low voltage single strand wire.

It's a matter of flour and water and then there's the seasonings, which is a matter of salt and so forth and then you h-we interrupt this for the announc
    Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:17 pm

I heard it's went up so much is because helium comes from around natural gas and we're not drilling so where paying a bunch
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Obviously the price of Helium is going to be higher. It's lighter so the they have to fly higher to catch it.
    Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:Obviously the price of Helium is going to be higher. It's lighter so the they have to fly higher to catch it.
Now that logic certainly fits with the pricing
Everlast 250EX
Miller 250 syncrowave
Sharp LMV Vertical Mill
Takisawa TSL-800-D Lathe
Coupla Bandsaws,Grinders,surface grinder,tool/cutter grinder
and more stuff than I deserve(Thanks Significant Other)
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

In my area (Pittsburgh, Pa.) a 300 series Helium cylinder goes for about $290 plus a lease fee on the cylinder. I get my 300 series Argon bottle exchanged out for $55 and I pay $69 a year for a lease on the cylinder.

Len

P.S. With the new reserves of CO2 being extracted and all the natural gas (both sources of Helium through steam methane reforming) wells lowering the price of nature gas you'd think that the supply of Helium would be increasing and therefore the price coming down.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len