General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
bryanwi
    Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:32 pm

I got a cam type welding gauge (welding scale?) off of amazon, which is engraved stainless. pretty, looks like it will work well, except it's very hard to actually read.

Is there a particular brand or supplier of such gauges that is easier to read? (Printed black, or white on black background, or some such?)
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Since it is engraved pick the color lettering you want and use a crayon to rub accross the engraving. that will fill the engraving with the wax. Wipe off excess on surface with a paper towel
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

bryanwi wrote:I got a cam type welding gauge (welding scale?) off of amazon, which is engraved stainless. pretty, looks like it will work well, except it's very hard to actually read.

Is there a particular brand or supplier of such gauges that is easier to read? (Printed black, or white on black background, or some such?)
I use Galgage for my inspection tools.
Here is a link to theirs:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 1339,d.eXY
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector