General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Anyone here using Air.....Oxy/Acetylene Lines that are on a spring loaded reel?

I am wondering how well they hold up.........any failures on the rewind springs???
delraydella
    Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Never used them for air or gas, but I have used them for power cords and they've held up fine over many years. Don't get the cheapest one you can find and don't let the stoppers slam back into the unit and you should be fine.
WeldingSyncrowave 250,Millermatic 252,30a Spoolgun Cutting12" Hi-speed Cutoff Saw, 9x 12 Horizontal Bandsaw MillingGorton 8d Vertical Mill TurningMonarch EE Precision Lathe GrindingBrown & Sharpe #5 Surface Grinder
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi,

Have used both. work well. Heaps better then having coils of hose everywhere. Retracta or Recoila are brands i think.

Mick
Ed from Ohiol
    Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Hello, Yes I have owned and used my Weldreel Mod.OA-A Made by United Specialties Inc. EL. Dorado, Arkansas for over 30 years in every one of my service trucks and it has worked flawlessly. It holds about 50 ft. of 3/8" hose and I added an extra 15' of 1/4' whip line. I bought it used for $25 and know that they cost over $400 at one time. If you can find this model used, you won't be disappointed. Ed K.